Introduction

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephera

Reaction score
Hi All

I just thought I might introduce myself. I have been posting here for 2 years sporadically. I am female from Sydney, Australia. I have been making soap for personal use as a form of therapy for myself and due to dry and sensitive skin. I normally work in the IT industry. I was wondering if it's possible make a living from soap making and crafting.

I am interested in using oils and other natural products on my skin. I don't buy off the counter skin care at all. Only the occasional cleanser. I have been using Bronner's as a cleanser on my face. But would like to start making my own liquid soap softer version. I have used hard soap on my face but it seems to contaminate and give me rashes. My skin is ultra sensitive and I think I can only use Oils and butters and sterile stuff.

Last edited:
Hi All

I just thought I might introduce myself. I have been posting here for 2 years sporadically. I am female from Sydney, Australia. I have been making soap for personal use as a form of therapy for myself and due to dry and sensitive skin. I normally work in the IT industry. I was wondering if it's possible make a living from soap making and crafting.
QUOTE]

In this economic climate in Sydney I'd suggest to you to stay in the IT industry. Making a living from soap making and crafting is very hard and you don't get the return you would need to survive. Keep making soap for yourself and enjoy the process.

Greetings and welcome. As far as making a living making soap, I am sure there are some who can do it but they are few and far between. Not trying to burst your bubble but I just went on Etsy and typed in "handmade soap". About 40,000 listings popped up. If you type "soap" you will find almost 150,000 listings. So if you want to give it a go I wish you luck. I will stick to my regular full time job to make ends meet.

Back