Multi bar cutters are so very very worth it

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bathgeek

Reaction score
I’ve used knives, flat cutters in miter boxes and out of them, and cheese slicers, trying to avoid having to pay for a multi bar cutter, but I eventually bit the bullet and bought one. And oh my lord. It used to take me forever. Wipe down the wire or blade with every cut. Measure and re-measure. Try hard to hold it steady, though invariably the wire slides or curves mid cut and my edge turn out ugly. Groan at how ugly they turned out.

Today I used my brand spanking new multi bar cutter (got a pretty acrylic one from Scott over at Custom Soap Stamps). Perfect cut. Ten slices, neat as can be. Less than a minute from unmold to laying out the slices.

Why the heck did I wait so long? I’m in love.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your acquisition! My husband (at the time he was still on "standby" status) made my multi-bar cutter for my birthday almost 2 years ago. He still gets an extra kiss every time I cut soap. Multibar cutters really are the best! Sometimes I can see where it is handy to have a single cutter too - but alot of the videos I watch that use a single cutter really should be using a multibar... and it drives me crazy to watch it! You would think after so many years of making soap I would have more patience, lol.

I have cutter envy :) I am hoping for one for Christmas :dancingsanta::dancingsanta:

Took me a few years before I relented and purchased a tank. The final straw was when I slipped with the knife and sliced through vessels and tendons in my hand. Every time I use my tank, I do my happy dance. Multi-bar cutters will pay for itself with the money you'll save on ER visits no doubt

Oh my lord, poor Debbism, that sounds horrible! o_O I'm shuddering at the thought. OUCH.

Customers in the shop cutting soap on the tank,
12.jpg

02.jpg

13.jpg

Latest posts

Back