Multiple embeds in melt and pour?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbear

Reaction score
I'm new to melt and pour. I would like to try a technique, but I have not found anything similar. I want to put a few different soap embeds in a melt and pour loaf. From what I can find, I need to do a very thin layer to basically glue down the embed. Then pour the rest of the layer and continue that way. Is this not done much due to the time consuming nature? Is there some other reason? I want it to look similar to the jelly candles.

There are lots of you tube videos for M&P embeds out there, but from what you've described, yes I would pour a very thin layer of clear and then place your embeds - if you only plan on a few, than maybe layer them between levels of clear M&P; if you plan on a bunch, then lay them all in there and fill the gaps with more clear M&P. Remember to spray the embeds liberally with isopropyl alcohol 91% or higher to ensure they adhere to the clear.

For a YouTube example: SoapQueenTV has some m&p embed videos, both with soap and toys/erasures. My advice would be to keep an eye on temperatures, if your layer gets too hot it could melt the embeds unintentionally

thank you

thank you BattleGnome for advice on you tube soap queen. have just watched some and they are really great. very easy to understand and she has loads of them on all soap making techniques. BRILLIANT FOR ME AS A BEGINNER !!!

Back