Mold Design Competition Prelim Voting - Bar Ideas B

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please Vote For The Idea You Like Most

• Rectangle Bar w/ Raised Cannabis Leaf

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Soap On a Roap

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Dragon Eggs

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Dog Paw w/ScrollWork

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Dual Sided Honeycomb

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Curved / "Dial" Shape

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Monsters / RPG Characters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyG

Mold Meister
Reaction score
Hey All! First... thank you so much for the tremendous amount of support for this competition and all the wonderful ideas. There were so many that we had to figure out a way to do the voting. One poll wouldn't support the number of idea choices, so we are going to run preliminary polls to determine the top 10 ideas for each category. Then we will hold the final poll votes.

First prelim poll is for the BAR category and consists of two polls - A & B. So please read the ideas in each thread and then vote for the one you like most. You may vote in each poll.

The Poll will be up for 3 days, so please let others know so they can vote too.

Last edited:
Just a bit confused, I didn`t see my suggestion for a massage bar in the poll (that is fine, probably wasn`t a very good idea anyway *grin) but I am trying to wrap my head around what "Curved / "Dial" Shape" is?

Went back to see if I missed something (which wouldn`t be surprizing) but can`t seem to understand what it is. Would like to know before I vote, lol : )

Just a bit confused, I didn`t see my suggestion for a massage bar in the poll (that is fine, probably wasn`t a very good idea anyway *grin) but I am trying to wrap my head around what "Curved / "Dial" Shape" is?

Went back to see if I missed something (which wouldn`t be surprizing) but can`t seem to understand what it is. Would like to know before I vote, lol : )

Dial is a brand of soap in the US. I think that is what the idea was.

Dial soap.JPG

Heya,

We may have misunderstood what you meant. We actually have your idea in the Loaf category. You listed it as a "Slab Type" mold. Which we looked at as more of a loaf entry than a single bar entry. And please don't think it's not a great idea, it is. We already have it slotted in the Loaf Prelim poll.

As for the "Curved / Dial Shape", I believe dibbles is correct. At least that's the way we interpreted what the OP meant.

Heya,

We may have misunderstood what you meant. We actually have your idea in the Loaf category. You listed it as a "Slab Type" mold. Which we looked at as more of a loaf entry than a single bar entry. And please don't think it's not a great idea, it is. We already have it slotted in the Loaf Prelim poll.

As for the "Curved / Dial Shape", I believe dibbles is correct. At least that's the way we interpreted what the OP meant.

Oh, I see! So sorry, just me who didn`t pay attention enough, and look at the right place! My english isn`t all that so I have probably worded my entry info in a clumsy way. And thanks for including it!

Dial is a brand of soap in the US. I think that is what the idea was.

Thanks! We don`t have anything called "Dial" here in Norway, and for some (very odd!!) reason I got an image in my strange head, of this...
See? I told you it was odd!! *cough* (¬‿¬)

Dial.jpg

Thanks! We don`t have anything called "Dial" here in Norway, and for some (very odd!!) reason I got an image in my strange head, of this...
See? I told you it was odd!! *cough* (¬‿¬)

LOL... I'm actually very familiar with and used that style for many years. Rotary phone that you had to 'dial'.

If you google "curved dial bar soap" you'll see...it's where the soap isn't flat it has a curve in it . When it is flat on the tub you can get your fingers under the curve to pick it up... Would work great in a massage bar configuration too with the bumps on the top of the curve!

Back