Glycerine-Based Not Very Lathery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneer81

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to making soap and to this forum as well. I made my first batch using blocks of glycerine from Hobby Lobby that I melted in a pot, then added some vitamin E oil, lilac essential oil, and yellow coloring. It turned out fine, but the soap did not produce much sud when used. I tried a second batch with similar ingredients and also added some olive oil. I think I might have added too much oil but the soap still doesn't have much lather when used.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to improve my soap? I know that the best soap is made from lye and other bases but we're just trying to make some wedding favors and have already invested quite a bit in ingredients, so we would like to use the glycerine blocks if at all possible, and make somewhat decent soap. Any advice/recipes/links will be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi and welcome! I do not know anything about M&P (melt and pour), but there is a separate section in this forum just for M&P. You might want to post there to get more help. Although, there are plenty of people who do both M&P and CP who will probably come along and answer your questions!

You will find a lot of very helpful people here! Happy you found us! :wink:

Hey-I should have posted it in that forum, but this one is the most active subforum and I thought it is some kind of "general soap making forum". What does CP stand for?

Hi moneer81, welcome to the board. Sorry I can't help you. Cp stands for Cold Process Soap....that's what I do. Hang in there, someone will probably come along that can help you:)

Thanks for the link and information...that's a cool blog...anything specific on that blog that might help with the lather issue?

Latest posts

Back