My mom is SOOOO funny!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pug Mom

Reaction score
My parents live in Florida 6 months and with me the other 6 months... I started my soap making obsession after they left for Florida, so I have been mailing her soap. She never seems too excited, but she is using it. Then I found out she is sharing it with her good friends and they love it too! Now I have to send her more. I think it's a riot, she really loves it, but I never knew from talking to her. I guess she is hoarding it and only sharing with really good friends.... Too funny!

Actually my mom just got back from visiting family in Calgary and you should see how many new molds she brought back for me - it was a full carry-on suitacase full that she had to borrow from a friend so she could bring them home!

Up until now I thought she was just doing that good mommy thing patting me on the head and telling me to have fun - you know that feeling (even if I am decades too old for that one)? I had no idea she supported this venture to this extent! She had taken some soaps with her to give to her friends and she brought me back their feedback and thought too. It was an OMG moment.....Mom's must just be like that huh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

my dad

my dad grew up in the depression and grandma had to make soap
he won't even try mine because he says he can't get the nasty homemade soap smell out of his memory

Pug Mom said:
My parents live in Florida 6 months and with me the other 6 months... I started my soap making obsession after they left for Florida, so I have been mailing her soap. She never seems too excited, but she is using it. Then I found out she is sharing it with her good friends and they love it too! Now I have to send her more. I think it's a riot, she really loves it, but I never knew from talking to her. I guess she is hoarding it and only sharing with really good friends.... Too funny!
my Mom likes my soap too. I made a batch of pink, rose/jasmine(real essential oils, expensive) no one else liked that scent so i will give the rest to her!

My Dad is an old country boy who used to make soap on the farm from pig fat and lye. He always talked about how rough it was.

When I started making soap he seemed amused by the idea. A few months later my mom put a bar of my avocado mint soap in his shower and the next day he called and told me how soft and silky it made his skin feel.

Really made me laugh hearing that come out of his mouth but it was also nice to know he really liked it.

My mother likes handmade products. When I bought LUSH constantly, my stash of soaps and creams seemed to disappear at an alarming rate. I thought I was going crazy, until Mother remarked on how soft her skin felt.

Everything I gave my sister ended up in her guest bath room, unused. Everytime I visit I am tempted to steal it back XD

Since then, my sister started working for AVON so all the lovely LUSH products are now replaced with AVON stuff. :roll: I haven't found anything from AVON that agrees with my skin.

My friends on the other hand are poor college students and are really excited to try anything I make ^_^

My Mom is my biggest fan (and tester!!) LOL. I give her one of everything I make and she raves about all of it (even when it's not always the best). ;) It is good to have someone in the family who is willing to test and give you feedback on your products. :)

My mum loves my soap also.
My brother has excema, so Mum has never been a commercial soap buyer, she used to buy that sorbolene wash stuff.
But now I make a soap especially for her, and especially for my brother, one for his teenage skin face, the other for his excema body!!
And I have another friend whom I made a basket of soap for her for her birthday, when I went round her house today,she has them all set up on her bathroom sink, they look lovely!

Back