Help formulating fragrances?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nao

Reaction score
I'm going to make soap in a couple of square single cavity moulds with a darker green/lighter green swirl with some very light green grated soap on the top and in the bottom.

Aaand was wondering if anybody wants to help me formulate a matching fragrance for it? :mrgreen: I'm thinking oak moss in the base and petit grain in the top note, or maybe something with lemongrass/lime?

Also anybody having any sea/seaweed blends whey want to share? I have a couple FOs that is supposed to be sea fragrances but I can't really smell any sea in them.

My first thought with your description was Irish Spring. If you choose that I would suggest going very light on the fragrance. I made some for my BIL for Christmas and gifting it gave me a migraine after it was unwrapped - I used roughly 1oz PPO and the bars were fully cured before gifting.

A much nicer scent is BB's Clover and Aloe or WSP' Pear Glace. Clover and Aloe soaps well. I only just got the pear and don't know if I'll be soaping with it yet.

Isg, a lot of people seems to like that combination, I have to get som sage eo and try it.

Battlegnome, now I feel sort of bad for not mentioning I need a European supplier, thank you anyway :neutral:

Seaweed does not smell pleasant. Actually it is quite stinky. I use Salty Air from Soapsupplies.net and love it. It perfectly reminds of sitting on my boat in the harbor, but does accelerate like most of the sea fo's

Latest posts

Back