Well I took another plunge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Dremel 3D printer coming this week. I have no idea how to create a stamp, but have been playing with Sketchup and 3D Builder to try to learn. I definitely need a 3D Printing for Dummies course. What program are you going to use?

Well my plan is to find stuff on Thingiverse until I get the printer dialed in and understand the slicer. The printer comes with a copy of Cura.

For modeling I will probably use Blendr or maybe Sketchup - not sure yet

Coolies. Will have to look into the image into stamp dealy. I've got a cocoon create 3D printer. Have had it for a while. its a good little machine.

Just with some of the stuff from thingverse just double check that the projects you choose dont have too much overhang or your just gonna end up with a bunch of filament everywhere. Ive lost count of how many failed prints ive had over the last couple of years

It's here!

1494025658740.jpg

OMG Just amazing. Keep posting pictures. I will consider getting one.

Is it difficult to work with? Never had one ....

OMG Just amazing. Keep posting pictures. I will consider getting one.

Is it difficult to work with? Never had one ....

Not really. I have not begun modeling my own things yet - I am trying to make sure I have the settings dialed in and I get the hang of what is a good design and what isn't. there are very active FB and reddit groups for the printer - so you can get help from people who have experienced it all before.

Right now I am trying to figure out the slicer program. This turns your models into the gcode you actually send to the printer.

Latest posts

Back