Aleppo Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother-in-law sent me that this morning. I hate to admit, my first thought was, "I wonder where I can get some bay laurel oil. I'd like to try that soap."

I've been curious about this soap since I first heard of it. I'm sure you would be able to make it yourself but technically it wouldn't be Aleppo soap because it not made there.

Its sad what happened to him and his family. But somehow I don't feel quite that bad for him. His company made 10m? He can restart his company and the civil war will just become another part of the history of his company. Sad but not unsalvageable. He may even go back someday.

Sad about what is happening there. But, as CandyBee pointed out, this family will be fine, they can just move elsewhere.

I've tried to find bay laurel oil for sale. Can't find anything affordable. In fact, I think there was one website a couple of years ago with it but it was incredibly out of a normal person's price range. If anyone finds a source for it, please let us know!

seeing all of those green bars stacked up like that... it's quite inspiring. A shame about the political strife going on around it; with civil war and political unrest running rampant, the soap is the least of my worries!

Back