Comment Cards

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
Do you have comment cards for your testers?

I'm working on making pretty little cards for my testers but am drawing a blank. Does anyone have anything specific they look for?

What I currently have:

Initial Impressions:

1. Look:
  2. Scent:
  3. Size:
  4. Packaging:
After Use:

1. Scent:
  2. Feel:
  3. Ease of use/instructions: (where applicable)
  4. General comments?

As soon as I wrote this thought of a few more things:

Bubbles?
Slip/glide?
Skin feel while using?
Skin feel after?

Depending on the testers, you may get some generic answers with open-ended questions. Maybe throwing in some multiple choice would give you more valuable feedback. Stuff like:

On a scale from 1-10, how clean do your hands feel after using the soap:
1 - Squeaky clean!
10 - My hands still feel/look dirty
Comments:

On a scale from 1-10, how stripped/dry do your hands feel after using the soap:
1 - Unpleasantly stripped/dry
10 - Silky and moisturized
Comments:

On a scale from 1-10, how would you rate the bubbles the bar produces:
1 - No bubbles at all
10 - Lots of big fluffy bubbles
Comments:

I mostly make soap and mostly look for lather feedback, and because most people aren't used to describing soap I've been thinking about this too.

It might help to incorporate some descriptive words - either on a scale or a list they could pull from when trying to describe their experience. Is the lather dense, fluffy, milky, scant, abundant etc. Does it feel creamy, dry, silky, tacky, balanced, etc. Then, how does your skin feel afterwards? Normal, dry, oily/waxy, nice. And an open ended question about what they usually look for in a soap couldn't hurt.

You need to keep it as simple as possible for non-soapmaking people. They will answer whatever they perceive as best if they aren't able to differentiate subtle words that we understand (bubble size and amounts, feel of lather, etc).

I would suggest you ask about:

1. Bar appearance
2. Scent-too much/too little, like/hate
3. Whether it left the skin feeling oily/dry

Latest posts

Back