Help formulating fragrances?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nao

Reaction score
I'm going to make soap in a couple of square single cavity moulds with a darker green/lighter green swirl with some very light green grated soap on the top and in the bottom.

Aaand was wondering if anybody wants to help me formulate a matching fragrance for it? :mrgreen: I'm thinking oak moss in the base and petit grain in the top note, or maybe something with lemongrass/lime?

Also anybody having any sea/seaweed blends whey want to share? I have a couple FOs that is supposed to be sea fragrances but I can't really smell any sea in them.

My first thought with your description was Irish Spring. If you choose that I would suggest going very light on the fragrance. I made some for my BIL for Christmas and gifting it gave me a migraine after it was unwrapped - I used roughly 1oz PPO and the bars were fully cured before gifting.

A much nicer scent is BB's Clover and Aloe or WSP' Pear Glace. Clover and Aloe soaps well. I only just got the pear and don't know if I'll be soaping with it yet.

Isg, a lot of people seems to like that combination, I have to get som sage eo and try it.

Battlegnome, now I feel sort of bad for not mentioning I need a European supplier, thank you anyway :neutral:

Seaweed does not smell pleasant. Actually it is quite stinky. I use Salty Air from Soapsupplies.net and love it. It perfectly reminds of sitting on my boat in the harbor, but does accelerate like most of the sea fo's

Back