Is my cat a super genius, or is it just me?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grayceworks, I know what you mean about a cats vocabulary, and I love that you've been able to figure out some of your cats "words." I've always wondered what it would be like if we could understand animal language. And isn't it funny about cats TV watching preferences? I love that yours likes Frankenweenie! Mimi's favorite is a commercial with polar bears.

As I'm typing this, I have a "helper." Another rescue cat, named Basco, short for chubasco, a squally, destructive little wind along the coast of South America, and that describes his personality to a T. Basco would never forgive me if I didn't post his picture too, with his little pink nose. He may not be the genius that Mimi is but he's an extremely sweet and affectionate boy. But not with Mimi.....they can't stand each other, but manage to co-exist.

Yes, Jellybelly is just fascinated with that movie. She watches other stuff too, but that is the one she sits up and watches intently. She also helps me 'read' books, magazines, and stuff on my tablet. She's gotten quite adept at that. She pats the pictures, and then watches my face to see if I'm done YET, and then turns the pages lol. If there's no pictures, you can see her getting very impatient to turn the page. And she just loves anything on my tablet because anything she touches does SOMETHING. lol

KatieBelle isn't as interested in TV, unless I have the aquarium thing on. She loves the fish. Not interested in reading either, no attention span yet. She does like the 'mouse game' on my tablet though. She also likes to chase the bubbles screensaver on hubby's computer. And her 'red dot' is her favorite thing in the world. She will go find the keychain anytime she's bored and drop it on my feet. JellyBelly is only vaguely interested, if the dot happens to get close enough to a paw to swipe at.

One day I was trying to get her to join in playing with it with Katie, and said, JellyBelly, get it! So what does she do? Can you guess?

While KatieBelle madly scampers about chasing the dot on the floor, JellyBelly calmly walks up to me, swipes the laser thingy out of my hand, and then sits looking at me with the MOST smug expression I ever saw on a cat. There! I got it! LOL

Oh! I used to have a strawberry roan Peruvian Paso horse named Chubasco. Appropriately named! LOL He had a pink nose too! :)

Yes, Jellybelly is just fascinated with that movie. She watches other stuff too, but that is the one she sits up and watches intently. She also helps me 'read' books, magazines, and stuff on my tablet. She's gotten quite adept at that. She pats the pictures, and then watches my face to see if I'm done YET, and then turns the pages lol. If there's no pictures, you can see her getting very impatient to turn the page. And she just loves anything on my tablet because anything she touches does SOMETHING. lol

KatieBelle isn't as interested in TV, unless I have the aquarium thing on. She loves the fish. Not interested in reading either, no attention span yet. She does like the 'mouse game' on my tablet though. She also likes to chase the bubbles screensaver on hubby's computer. And her 'red dot' is her favorite thing in the world. She will go find the keychain anytime she's bored and drop it on my feet. JellyBelly is only vaguely interested, if the dot happens to get close enough to a paw to swipe at.

One day I was trying to get her to join in playing with it with Katie, and said, JellyBelly, get it! So what does she do? Can you guess?

While KatieBelle madly scampers about chasing the dot on the floor, JellyBelly calmly walks up to me, swipes the laser thingy out of my hand, and then sits looking at me with the MOST smug expression I ever saw on a cat. There! I got it! LOL

Oh! I used to have a strawberry roan Peruvian Paso horse named Chubasco. Appropriately named! LOL He had a pink nose too! :)

They really do have their own personalities, don't they? Yours sound like quite the characters! lol

That's quite a coincidence about the name Chubasco! Mimi is such a laid back, relaxed girl. When I got Basco, he was so different. I remember thinking...."He tears around the house like a tornado!" So I googled the names of winds in different parts of the world, and when I saw that squally, destructive little wind called Chubasco, I knew that was it. Funny yours had a pink nose too! :smile:

Back