Hi from California!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
I just got started making soap! Monday night I made my first batch, a 100% coconut oil soap. Getting ready to make some laundry and dish soap next (both liquids), and then I'm hoping to do a shampoo bar after that!

I would not dream to post my first soap, even it came very nice and we already using it, it is not drying, rather creamy:)
Maybe tenth soap will be good to show:))
To many beautiful and stunning soaps here...:thumbup:

Very true, Dahila! I looked at the gallery, and it was overwhelming to see all the pictures that look like they're in a shopping catalog! My picture definitely doesn't measure up!

Hi welcome! Post away even if it's not perfect. It's fun to see how we all evolve! What part of California are you from? I'm in a suburb of LA.

I would not dream to post my first soap, even it came very nice and we already using it, it is not drying, rather creamy:)
Maybe tenth soap will be good to show)
To many beautiful and stunning soaps here...

I'm sorry you don't feel comfortable about sharing. I posted a picture of my very first batch. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It was plain, no color, no scent. Nothing special to look at but it was beautiful to me. I was so proud of my accomplishment that I wanted to share it with everyone who had encouraged me and given me advice on this forum. I was like a kid, "Look what I did!" :lol:

Everyone! The Photo Gallery is for sharing accomplishments. Please don't be shy about posting pictures. It's your creation and be proud of it even if you think it doesn't measure up to some ideal. Keeping posting pictures and you'll have a visual chronology showing how your skills and style grow and develop.

Besides, I've posted pics of some really ugly soap. ;)

I posted my ugly non-artistic soaps and people were very kind about them! No one will make you feel bad whatever you post and people may be able to give constructive advice if you mention things that haven't gone well that you would like to improve. I love looking at people's creations no matter what they look like. :)

I hope I will post next one:)) The beauty you guys showing is really overwhelming. I just do not see myself making something so beautiful and complicated, Lotions is different story :)

Hazel you are right, I just posted two pics of my first soap, :)

Hazel said:
Everyone! The Photo Gallery is for sharing accomplishments. Please don't be shy about posting pictures. It's your creation and be proud of it even if you think it doesn't measure up to some ideal. Keeping posting pictures and you'll have a visual chronology showing how your skills and style grow and develop.

Besides, I've posted pics of some really ugly soap.
icon_wink.gif

Last edited:
I'm further north, in the Bay Area. :)

Hey starda dancer! Im in the bay area as well! Nice to have a fellow soapers close by. I know this post was awhile ago, but maybe we'll cross paths soon! There's so muchb in the bay area and yet as a soaper I feel so isolated!

Back