Make up your mind, already

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Label? Old or New

• Old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New

• New New

• Total voters

Deda

Reaction score
I have my 'look' and my labels, but I think I want to change it, ever so slightly. My panel of experts say that the old is too... something, needs a little zizz... We all agree on the B&W Paisley, that's not changing, each soap has a different color rounded rectangle, that's not changing. I kinda like the new font, it's easier to read and matches the paisley in weight a little better.

What do you think? Which do you like?

Old-Label.jpg

Old Labels

NewLabel.jpg

New Labels

OK,
new-new-label.jpg

New New Label?

I think I like the old label better! :oops: Sorry! I think it's the font on the new one.... I like the old font a little better. And I think you should still keep "Handmade Artisan Soap" on the label! :)

If I stare at them long enough, I find myself leaning towards the new one. But at first glance, it was the old one that had the most eye appeal. It's communicates "soothing" to me. Whereas the new one communicates "aristocratic" which I associate with being snobby and uptight.

zeo

Ashley, don't be sorry! That's exactly why I asked. I want to know.

It's easier to leave the old font, but I'm the QUEEN of Can't Leave Well Enough Alone. I voted for New. Maybe I should stop second guessing every single thing. :lol:

i like the new one but i think it should still say "handmade arisan soaps" on it and i don't like the capitol p in it. lol, i like the rest of the fonts letters just the capitol p looks a little off to me.
sorry if that doesn't make sense, it's been a long day for me.

Oh yes! I like the NEW NEW one! It's perfect!

See....sometimes it pays to NOT leave well enough alone. :)

Now will you design mine? :p
(just kidding)

I am leaning towards the new one, but I know what you two mean about the "artisan soap" tag missing in the new one.

I fiddled with it in photoshop and came up with something between the two.

zeoplum said:
Oh yes! I like the NEW NEW one! It's perfect!

See....sometimes it pays to NOT leave well enough alone. :)

Now will you design mine? :p
(just kidding)

I kinda like the New New, too. It's not the best image, the font is very crisp when it's printed. I used a slight italic, but it might need a bit more skew.

Deda's Designs? Hmmm... :lol: :lol:

I think the slight italic softens it just the right amount.

I wish I could change my vote to the NEW NEW one.

They are all gorgeous Deda! Truly the B&W paisley and the colour block with the black font work wonderfully - I truly feel that the font change is just splitting hairs. Having said that, change can be great, even if it only helps freshen it up in your eyes :wink:

I voted for the old as I feel the font blends well with the paisley background and 'Handmade Artisan Soap' should definitely stay on whatever label you end up choosing imho.

Tanya :)

I'm voting for the New New One - I find the font easier to read - I like the very slight Italic - and I like the Handmade Artisan Soaps on it. The overall is really nice and works well.............

i can't vote again but i changed my mind to the new new one.
the old one to me says "this could be your grandma's soap" where the new to me says "i am classy with a little bit of fun"

I like the first one! I looked at your label in person and fell in love! Must teach me how the heck to make those labels!

I like the middle one for "PERPLEXED" but I like the last one for everything else.

NICE!!

The "New" font is much easier to read than the "Old". The "New New" starts to go back the other way.

If the font is hard to read it is less likely to catch their attention out of the corner of their eye.

I too love the paisley.

Edit - I totally missed that you removed the "Handmade Artisan Soap" from the middle one. Copy that from the "New New" to the "New" and I think you have a winner.

All 3 look good, but I voted for the old one as my most favorite. Like TopCat, I feel the font on the old agrees much better with the paisley background. I also feel that it has a certain softness about it and a subtle hint of mystery that draws me in, whereas the other two don't do that for me.

IrishLass :)

Back