First Batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilyandlove

Reaction score
I DID IT! I made my first batch!!! I got my shipment from BB at 6:40pm and I got everything ready to go after my kids went to sleep. Started around 9:30pm and the soap is resting under some towels. I can't wait to see it tomorrow evening! Guys, I was so nervous. I was shaking when I was weighing out the sodium hydroxide. :p

IMG_5487.JPG

IMG_5486.jpg

HA! Welcome to the addiction! It's a fun and bumpy ride. I loved that you posted pics of you making it and your excitement is really great. It came out really pretty :) Just make sure it cures for 4-6 weeks (patience, patience). :bathtub:

HA! Welcome to the addiction! It's a fun and bumpy ride. I loved that you posted pics of you making it and your excitement is really great. It came out really pretty :) Just make sure it cures for 4-6 weeks (patience, patience). :bathtub:

Waiting is so hard!! My 6 year old wants to use it now, too lol.

So... I cut it just now and LOL it looks funky. My swirl attempt did not work bahahahah! Oh well. I'm pretty excited anyway. It smells amazing and I hope the scent will stick. I used a tiny bit and I got good lather. I have soap! :D :D :D

Question: How hard should it have been before I cut? It was like the consistency of hard cream cheese. Not as hard as refrigerated butter.

IMG_5494.jpg

It looks like you cut at the right time. I would say that refrigerated butter might be a touch too hard.

I see nothing wrong with your swirl. It looks fabulous! You are very brave to even try a swirl the first time. My first time one a one color. :)

Thank you. It's just not what I thought it would look like LOL. I think I was just so inspired by all the amazing photos everyone was posting...and thought I would give it a try. Next one will be one color ahahah. ;)

Oh my gosh same here! I'm on my 4th ever soap today and definitely get a bit if an adrenaline on the lye mixing stage.....to the point I needed a little sit down in between making and using it :)

They look lovely!

Good to hear I'm not alone about using lye LOL. I love this soaping community! No one else would understand!

Latest posts

Back