Laundry soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyann

Reaction score
Hey all, I am going to make myself some laundry soap with all my end bits..The borax, soda and grated soap recipie....does anyone know if this is ok to be used in a front loader washing machine ??

Also and ideas on a presoaker for stubborn stains ?

I'm not sure about front loading washing machines. However, I would use a soap designed for laundry machines AKA a 100% lard soap with a low superfat %. You don't want the extra fat staying on the clothes. I would use a 100% lard soap, borax, and washing soda mixed up in a food processor to make a nice fine powder.

What about making soap with fractionated coconut oil and KOH to make a soap paste, then diluting it with water and adding borax and washing soada to make a liquid laundry soap, any thoughts, never made laundry soap but have been thinking about it and considered what I just mention.

Is there a certain fat like lard that you have to use?

I like the powder idea for dry laundry soap.

I make the liquid Laundry detergent but I just buy the Fels Naptha for 97 cents because all my soap makes lots of bubbles and is superfatted.
The detergent I make is fine for front loaders because it is very low to no suds at all.

Back