My weekend adventure.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - they are all gorgeous. I'm in MN too and I have a couple of guesses why your DH was gone for the weekend. Mine was gone a week ago for a few days. But the soap gremlins moved in and I didn't get anything close to your beauties!

Jewels
Your soaps are beautiful! Love the colors and designs. Especially like the rawhide in the soap. Rustic looking. How did you get the rawhide in there, by drilling? Thinking you have some type of woodsy scent in there.

Wow - they are all gorgeous. I'm in MN too and I have a couple of guesses why your DH was gone for the weekend. Mine was gone a week ago for a few days. But the soap gremlins moved in and I didn't get anything close to your beauties!

Thank you! Ha! I just got over the soap gremlins! Not happy for you,though, that they moved to your house! Sorry! I'm curious as to your guesses on where my DH was!

May I be so bold as to ask where you are in MN. We are in Taylors Falls.

Jewels
Your soaps are beautiful! Love the colors and designs. Especially like the rawhide in the soap. Rustic looking. How did you get the rawhide in there, by drilling? Thinking you have some type of woodsy scent in there.

Thank you! The soap on a rope was actually a plop and pray fail until I visited my sons house that same afternoon. They have an outdoor cedar shower that he had just pressure washed and the colors of the wood were the exact same as my failed soap. I came home and drilled through it, put in the leather, and stamped it with "Helvetia" (their home is an old hotel built in the late 1800's called the Helvetia Inn). They were over the moon, and I pretended I did it on purpose. Personally, I think it looks like bacon. I need to use a smaller drill bit, I think, because the soap cracked a little even though it was only 24 hrs old when I drilled it. Or maybe a softer soap recipe. This was a lard soap, and you are right...I used Nurtures Winter Wonderland to scent it. It smells like pine trees. The other soap of the same color was my second batch that I tried with those colors....inspired by Lake Superior north shore agates.

Thank you! Ha! I just got over the soap gremlins! Not happy for you,though, that they moved to your house! Sorry! I'm curious as to your guesses on where my DH was!

May I be so bold as to ask where you are in MN. We are in Taylors Falls.

Well, my guesses would be either turkey hunting (what mine was doing), or something to do with the impending fishing opener - getting the dock in at the cabin if you have one or getting a boat ready to go.

I live in Ramsey (Anoka county). Taylors Falls is beautiful - lucky you!

Well, my guesses would be either turkey hunting (what mine was doing), or something to do with the impending fishing opener - getting the dock in at the cabin if you have one or getting a boat ready to go.

I live in Ramsey (Anoka county). Taylors Falls is beautiful - lucky you!

Good guess, but he's not a hunter or a fisherman. He was actually in Phoenix for an Indy car race. I know exactly where you are....we lived in Anoka county for 16 years before we moved out here. Our main business is still in Blaine.

The first & second soaps are very pretty. Looks like zen. Is it pour in a loaf mold?
And the leather soap charm!!! What a cool ornament! ;)

Latest posts

Back