High Melt Point Shea Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earthchild

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm Mychelle! I'm new to this forum, but have been crafting my own balms, lotions, soaps, etc for about twelve years now. I have a question about www.thesage.com high melt point shea butter. I am really curious to try it - we have crazy hot summers out here, and it's tough to keep my shea lip balms stable. Quick cooling, maintaining high heat - I have tried it all and nothing works in July! Has anyone tried this product? I would love to get some opinions! :)

I know this is a little old but I have used it- and it works perfectly. I did a balm just to see what would happen- just beeswax and all Shea- then I put it in my pocket for the day and went to the zoo with the kids.

It got a bit soft but no grains at all. I wanted to test without Mango and Cocoa Butter which is why I tested it like this since those butters can fractionate as well though not as easy.

I now use that for my balms and lotion bars- love it.

Thank you for your response! I made a few lip balms with it and am putting them through as many temp changes as I can. So far so good! I'll keep you updated!

Oh, this is very interesting. Did it continue to, not grain ? Sometimes mine will be ok, and then grain after 2 weeks or so.. If this really works, this High Melt Shea is exactly what i've been looking for.:smile:

Latest posts

Back