Gel Candles ?? How?? :D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for any advice on making gel candles. Am thinking these would be easy to make - and resell in votive glass containers... or mold them and sell without a container... to be used on a plate.

Does anyone have a good supplier?

Thanx,

You can't make a gel candle that's not in a container. Candlewic used to sell a clear hard wax you might want to see if they still have it.

Hi,

I found this old thread, so thought I would bring it back up since I just posted a similar question before seeing this thread.

I am under the impression that the heavy density Penreco candle gel does not require a container. I could be wrong about this, but this has been my thought on what that product is for years ... I've just never purchased it. I gathered that you make them in a tear-away mold of some sort. Surely, I need to go do some reading on this, but if anyone here would like to share thoughts, that would be nice, as I am not doing any research on this just yet, as it's on a "back burner" !

~ Kathy

Back