Certification

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I was looking at this book on Brambleberry (that's the amazon link) and shipping was almost as much as the book. Amazon has a better price but it's got me thinking, is anyone aromatherapy certified? Where did you get your certification?

For a while I was looking longingly at the program through www.westcoastaromatherapy.com but the price is a bit much for my current budget (hence the book). Any advice? The best I can tell there are no aromatherapy schools within driving distance of me and I'm stuck with online courses. I've looked at lists of schools but I don't know what makes a good aromatherapy school.

Probably relevant: not looking for a career change. I'd just rather be certified "just in case" and to know that I know for sure what I'm talking about when I blend stuff together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an aromatherapist, but like you, I've been looking into such things lately, too, because someone in my family has recently drunk the MLM E.O. koolaid and has started selling and dispensing their E.O.s. To educate myself (and hopefully my relative, too), I just recently bought the 2nd (revised) edition of Essential Oil Safety by Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young, which is considered the PDF for essential oils, and I am also eying this book by Salvatore Battalgia as a companion book, which I've heard is used in some Aromatherapy schools as a textbook. Both of these books are not cheap, but do come highly recommended.

Hopefully more will chime in soon!

IrishLass :)

In my wanderings through the essential oil rabbit hole, I've come across an organization called the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. They have a listing of approved schools that might be worth checking out. One of them might offer online courses for someone interested at the hobbiest level.

https://naha.org/education/approved-schools/

I have seen that list and have been trying to weed through the live classes to find the online ones that might work for me.

Battlegnome - I am certified in aromatherapy and have been for more than a decade. Its very valuable and useful information depending on why you need to know it. I am also an herbalist (no certification offered) and into holistic medicine and practice it as a lifestyle. Inasmuch as this knowledge was expensive, the years of practicing and continued learning through blogs, friends in the industry, continued study, associates, books, magazines etc. is where I really learned even more. And frankly could of done without the expensive course. Unless you need a certification, there are many other available ways to learn it. And cheaper. I wouldn't spend the money if I thought about it again. The internet has all the available information for free depending on what you would like to know.

If you want to know something specific - I would be more than happy to assist you. :)

Redhead, do you any particular websites that you'd consider essential for a beginner?

Back