Greetings from beautiful Detroit

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

So happy to have found this forum. Have been lurking for about a month.

Through a year-long, ferocious self-study of classical perfumery, I was led, unexpectedly, perhaps inevitably...? But most happily, to SOAP.

As of today, I've made, according to my little notebook, 32 questionable loaves of CP soap. The process has so far introduced me to a field of knowledge I'd never imagined could be so enriching. Carrier oils, fatty acids profiles, kitchen chemistry, cardboard box molds...SoapCalc! Have just started to explore soap design techniques and am wrestling with THE TRACE. My current soaping tendencies lean toward so-called "natural": essential oils, natural colorants, rough edges, but have interest exploring/exploiting so-called "synthetic" approaches as well (everything is natural, everything is synthetic).

Alchemy, all of it. Of the best kind.

While lurking, the collective wisdom expressed by this forum excited me, and I look forward to participating. ;)

Jessica

Welcome to the madness!!! The chemistry is what pulled me in too. I personally like formulating my own recipes because I like looking at fatty acid profiles and then mixing and matching until I have a recipe that looks good.

Are you a native D-towner? I happen to have peeps not far from Detroit. My sister lives in Novi and my brother lives a little farther out in a town the name of which is escaping me at the moment. And we are all native Michiganders, hailing from Flint.

Hello and welcome!! I'm absolutely fascinated by the world of perfume and scent craft, though I seem to be going about it in the opposite direction, starting with soap!

Looking forward to seeing you and your soapy adventures around the forum!

Latest posts

Back