Insomnia Soaping?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have worked many third shifts, and this combination is the only thing that works for me.

I do have blackout curtains but my windows are not made well for shades (they're nearly 50 years old and need to be replaced anyway). Winter isn't much of an issue but I need to open the windows in the summer, at least until we magic up the cash to replace the furnace for a model that pairs with ac.

Though this discussion reminds me that I have debating getting shutters and have a random stash of laminate flooring... maybe I can figure something out.

WeaversPort, Zany's comment about melatonin reminded me of my go to for days I cannot sleep at all - EmergenZ and a sleeping pill at the max dose. EmergenZ is just the EmergenC version of melatonin. The first gets me to sleep and the combo keeps me down for 10-12 hours. It's not great for daily use but it helps reset things when insomnia gets extra bad

I'm pretty good at being passed out by 10pm. For me the issue is staying asleep past 2 or 3 in the morning. I'll pop awake and be awake until about 8am, at which point my body is ready to get those hours of sleep again. :D
Guess what, Weaver? I could easily drag my old bod to bed at 10pm and fall fast asleep, only to suffer the same issue... awake at 2 or 3 in the morning! It's true! But here's what I do instead of crawling in bed early. I find something boring to do to stay awake until 11pm. I read, or turn on iTunes>Internet,>Music on my Imac, search "relax", choose a station, and play solitaire on line, or visit SMF to see what peeps are chatting about. The music is relaxing and peaceful.

HTH :bunny:

I'm with christost! But if that's not an option, trying listening to a freebie Glen Harrold app such as Deep Sleep or Relax and Sleep Well. They use a combo of focused relaxation, purposeful breathing and sounds of certain keys and frequencies that have a calming effect on the brain. Just play it again if you wake before morning. I've been amazed - and well rested!

You have nothing to lose but sleeplessness, so do give it a go.

I have tried everything .... I gave up trying. Exercise, pilates. relaxing music, meditating, praying, and I rarely watch TV. I do not have my phone in my room,, etc.

Nothing works ... :(

Well, we'll probably have sleep deprived conversations together at 1 and 2 in the morning - depending on the time zone.. And come up with all sorts of improbable soap designs that go sideways when we try to do them in the morning! ;)

I have tried everything .... I gave up trying. Exercise, pilates. relaxing music, meditating, praying, and I rarely watch TV. I do not have my phone in my room,, etc. Nothing works ... :(
Soooo, I hafta ask, how many Cokes or cups of coffee do you drink during the day, Hunh, hunh, hunh? (Just teasin' ya') :mrgreen:

I have tried everything .... I gave up trying. Exercise, pilates. relaxing music, meditating, praying, and I rarely watch TV. I do not have my phone in my room,, etc.

Nothing works ... :(

Have you tried paying your bills? Late night bill paying can be very boring. Or it can relieve stress, depending on one's situation, I suppose. :think:

Reading textbooks always put me to sleep late at night (of course I was usually studying for a test the next day and didn't want to go to sleep.) Maybe try reading Scientific Soapmaking. Even if it doesn't put you to sleep, it's educational and on topic. :)

Latest posts

Back