Bay Rum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meirion658

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm looking to do a home made shaving soap and would like to use essential oils to create the scent.

I have looked around the site and searched but nothing comes up.

Any suggestions or recipes for a Bay rum scent.?

Thanks
Meirion

Well, truth be told, although I think it smells best on a man, I love the smell of it so much that I have been known to dab a little bit of it on my wrist so that whenever I lift my hand up towards my face throughout the day, I can get a gentle whiff of it. lol

IrishLass :)

Well, truth be told, although I think it smells best on a man, I love the smell of it so much that I have been known to dab a little bit of it on my wrist so that whenever I lift my hand up towards my face throughout the day, I can get a gentle whiff of it. lol

IrishLass :)

Pillows and blankets it is, then.

Now I want to try that but is Bay Rum a scent ladies can use too? If not, I will be content with at least my blankets smelling like it.

I'm of the opinion that ladies can wear whatever scents make them happy.

Of course this is also an opinion from a woman who buys and wears Old Spice deodorant... :-?

I'm of the opinion that ladies can wear whatever scents make them happy.

Of course this is also an opinion from a woman who buys and wears Old Spice deodorant... :-?

Yes! DITTO this TOTALLY!
I wear Jo Malone grapefruit. The middle note and base note of it smells like light man's cologne. And I TOO buy Adidas sports male deodorant. I like the orange red head one. Forgot the name haha, pulse maybe? And also like Giorgio Armani GIO and Daviddoff Cool water. I feel androgynous sometimes. ( background music should be " sexy and I know it " ...!!! )

Please note that I have long hair ( now touches shoulder, was waist long) and not often dress exactly a girly girl. But I'm more sentimental than those girly girls.
On a side note, I have seen a Japanese TV show that a male model have a Lanvin éclat de arpege perfume. ( it's marketed as a woman fragrance, nice light florals, I too love it! ) and recently see an article about rose perfume for man.
https://gearpatrol.com/2015/07/29/best-rose-colognes-for-men/

... and recently see an article about rose perfume for man.
https://gearpatrol.com/2015/07/29/best-rose-colognes-for-men/

These sound like rose fragrances I would wear!! Even though I love some of the feminine florals, I have a problem with many of them going too sweet once they're on my skin. The Voluspa's Mokara is one that I was surprised to find I could wear it for a day and not need to shower 30 minutes later.

Some rose blends designed to be a little darker might be perfect. I wonder if there are any soaping dupes of these available.

I absolutely hate most rose scented things. Give me jasmine, orange, and cherry blossoms but NOT ROSES (most of them). I'm game for finding a rose scent that doesn't smell off. I like a challenge sometimes.

These sound like rose fragrances I would wear!! Even though I love some of the feminine florals, I have a problem with many of them going too sweet once they're on my skin. The Voluspa's Mokara is one that I was surprised to find I could wear it for a day and not need to shower 30 minutes later.

Some rose blends designed to be a little darker might be perfect. I wonder if there are any soaping dupes of these available.

www.Fragranceoilfinder.com is a place to go. But I think these 5 probably too NICHE market for fragrance oil company to dupe. I could be wrong, but I have only seen Jo Malone dupe and its really rare one. Probably like only few company carries it. www.Fragrantica.com is like www.basenote.com, but with a chart that which note is most overwhelm/ dominant. Even if without lots of pocket money to buy niche perfume, might try your own blend starting from there. Even drug store perfume and body shop, lush are in its data base.

I absolutely hate most rose scented things. Give me jasmine, orange, and cherry blossoms but NOT ROSES (most of them). I'm game for finding a rose scent that doesn't smell off. I like a challenge sometimes.

Yes light florals smells elegant, but some lighter rose version are great,too. People in Asia like Chloe. It's sweet and young and light.Probably too cloying from some, but it does not smell like grandma's rose. I think Chloe dupe for soap probably be easier to find than the 5 Rose man can wear.

Last edited:
Back