Ebru Cheesecake!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my newest cheesecake creation ~ White Chocolate Raspberry Lemon.

It's definitely not as pretty as my usual "heart topped" raspberry cheesecake but it'll taste yummy (hopefully!) I really enjoy crossing soaping techniques with baking. I cut my first piping bag hole too big so some of the hearts are a bit loppy. I started over and cut a much smaller hole so things eventually looked better. I always have to remind myself that soap batter and food batter are much different. Especially since I don't have to hurry so much when it comes to food!

I made a shortbread crust, topped with melted white chocolate, topped with my standard cheesecake batter. Then I dropped seedless raspberry jam in and did a spoon swirl. Once it was baked and cooled I topped it with homemade lemon curd and the raspberry jam ebru hearts. It won't get cut until tomorrow night so I don't have pics of the inside. We're having a big family gathering this weekend so it's going with us. If it follows the usual family gluttony, it'll dissappear before I can get cut pics, lol. I'm having a hard time keeping the family out of it before then!

IMG_3318.jpg

Lemon curd is my favorite dessert additive.

Mine too Arimara! Tart citrus is always so refreshing, especially during the summer months. I only make citrus curd a few times a year but for some crazy reason, always forget how simple it is! I made a lemon cheesecake a couple of weeks ago for a birthday but used store bought lemon curd because I was short on time. Stupid me, I could have made it, cooled it, and had it ready to top the cheesecake in a fraction of the time it took to bake and cool the cake. I really need to change that mind set.....

Oh my... I love cheesecake, lemon curd, and beautiful baking creations. You are my hero and officially request adoption immediately.

Come on down Jules! The more the merrier! :) Our family favorite is the Pumpkin Cheesecake I always make for the holidays. My oldest son's favorite sweets are cheesecake and pumpkin pie so we developed a blend of the 2. It took us 3 Thanksgivings but we finally perfected it! I've been making fresh pumpkin puree every fall for about 30 years so that's a must in the cheesecake and pie. Once you eat fresh pumpkin in any baked item, you'll never go back to canned.

Mine too Arimara! Tart citrus is always so refreshing, especially during the summer months. I only make citrus curd a few times a year but for some crazy reason, always forget how simple it is! I made a lemon cheesecake a couple of weeks ago for a birthday but used store bought lemon curd because I was short on time. Stupid me, I could have made it, cooled it, and had it ready to top the cheesecake in a fraction of the time it took to bake and cool the cake. I really need to change that mind set.....

Come on down Jules! The more the merrier! :) Our family favorite is the Pumpkin Cheesecake I always make for the holidays. My oldest son's favorite sweets are cheesecake and pumpkin pie so we developed a blend of the 2. It took us 3 Thanksgivings but we finally perfected it! I've been making fresh pumpkin puree every fall for about 30 years so that's a must in the cheesecake and pie. Once you eat fresh pumpkin in any baked item, you'll never go back to canned.

Ummm pumpkin cheesecake is my absolute favorite! I'm totally coming.... Like right now.

Back