fresh cut grass

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Fresh Cut Grass from NG? I got some and OOB it was kinda wonky but I soaped with it anyway. It's still in the mold, gonna cut it tonight but it's wonky. Please tell me that it cures to a nice true scent. :roll:

I read the reviews on it on NG's site and also looked it up on the Scent Review Board. There were a couple of references to using in CP soap on NG and only one review on the Board's site. I risked buying it any way. :?

I make a half and half bar with a dirt scented FO from WSP. It's been a llllloooonnnnngggg winter here in MN and had hoped the bar would smell like SpRInG!! to me.

It doesn't. Not yet anyway.

What are your experiences? And if you haven't used NG's Fresh Cut Grass what similar scent have you used?

I've used Peak's Tall Grass and I love it. It's very refreshing and very green. I wouldn't say it smells exactly like grass, but kinda what I would imagine a perfumer would create if trying to replicate the scent of it. So I guess kind of the perfume version of fresh grass? I'm terrible at describing scents :lol: I've never smelled NGs version, but I really do like Peak's. I hope it cures out to something more appealing for you!

Peak has one called Tuscan nights & it smells like fress cut grass @ sundown on a summer night

I have BB's Grass Stain which smelled like bananas OOB, but was very grass-like in soap. It has cured for 3 weeks now and it seems lighter and more green rather than grass clippings!

Rats! Sounds like everyone is everything BUT NG's Fresh Cut Grass! :lol: LOL! Figures. Leave it to me to use the only one that's untried!

So far, not so good. It's still pretty wonky. Still needs lots more curing time but I'm not feeling too optimistic at this point.

Thanks for the responses!

Back