Ginger EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
OK, so I have a small bottle of ginger essential oil from doTerra (SIL sells it, don't judge) and I'm looking for something less obscenely priced, but smells the same to use in a scent blend. I picked up a bottle of the NOW brand stuff and had a sniff but it didn't smell like ginger at all to me like this little bottle of overpriced glee.

Does Camden Gray's Ginger EO smell like *ginger*? I need to place an order from them anyway.

I buy a lot of my EOs from Camden Grey but unfortunately the ginger isn't my favorite. It's steam extracted and kinda smells like musty socks to me. I also have a bottle of CO2 extracted ginger root from NDA and it smells much more like fresh ginger than the CG version.

I keep wanting to order a sample of ginger fo from nature's garden, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I love the smell of fresh grated ginger but haven't cared for the eo's I've sniffed.

Well, I placed an order with CG, so we'll see how I feel about it when it gets here. I'll give doTerra's ginger oil some credit - it smells *exactly* like ginger, but it's way. too. expensive. to be using anywhere near soap.

I need to stop ordering for the month, but I guess I'll see what Fragrance Oil Finder recommends and see what reviews I can find. Single note scents are so hard to find!

Back