Patchouli Experts- please help me decide!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I can't believe I have need to ask this (being one whose scent receptors find patchouli to be most abhorrent), but I have a very dear friend who asked if I could make some soaps for her sister for her B-day. My dilemma- her sis loves earthy scents such as patchouli, sandalwood and nag-champa- none of which I keep on hand because they're just not my cup of tea....well actually, that's only partially true- I do like sandalwood, but all I have of that is a little bit of a small bottle of sandalwood-vanilla FO that I use only for making a blend for son's aftershave.

Anyway- to the point- I have agreed to make soaps out of all 3 scents for her (one scent per each batch, that is- not all mixed together, lol) and I've already picked out a nag-champa to buy -WSP's, based on navigator9's excellent opinion of it....

....and a sandalwood....well, actually 2 sandalwoods- Gemlite's sandalwood based on not_ally's excellent review of it, and OT's Mysore Sandalwood, also based on not_ally's excellent review (I'm going to blend the two)....

... and after some research on the forum, I've decided to buy a bottle of aged, dark Indonesian Patchouli EO. I saw that Liberty Natural has it, but when I was looking at OT's site at their Mysore Sandalwood, I happened to notice that they too, sell a dark Patchouli EO, but they don't specifically state whether or not it is pre-aged or from Indonesia (like the one from Liberty Natural is that I was looking at), but the price is in the same ballpark.

My question is this- has anyone tried OT's dark Patchouli EO and also Liberty's, and are they comparable? Do you think I will I be sorry if I bought the one over the other? I ask because it would really be lovely if I could kill 2 birds with one stone by buying the Mysore and the Patchouli from OT instead of having to make a separate order from Liberty (which has a $50.00 minimum).

What do you Patchouli experts advise?

TIA!
IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back