what's one thing you know now that you wish you'd known

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soapbuddy said:
That I didn't need every fragrance oil known to man. :lol:

:roll: Amd for how long did you tell that to yourself looking in the mirror every morning?
I still need every FO and I'm ready to sign in for FO anonymous...

I wish I'd know how expensive and addicting this 'hobby' would turn out to be :p

That not every mold I see online needs to belong to me.

Ditto on the fo's & the addiction.

I wish I'd learn to pace myself...
since I don't sell my soaps, I make way too many for the amount we use...

I'd like to combine soapbuddy's and pixybratt's comments. I don't need every FO out there (I thought I did), and I don't like most of them anyway (I thought I would)!

sometimes..... things are on clearance for a reason.... I didn't save any money on the stuff in the bottom drawer that i never did anything with..

you guys pretty well hit the biggies.....NOBODY needs 100 plus fragrances, OR a bazillion molds...OR a trillion other accessories.

Perhaps there should be a "soap hoarder" online therapy group?????

dagmar88 said:
soapbuddy said:
That I didn't need every fragrance oil known to man. :lol:

:roll: Amd for how long did you tell that to yourself looking in the mirror every morning?
I still need every FO and I'm ready to sign in for FO anonymous...

I wish I'd know how expensive and addicting this 'hobby' would turn out to be :p
I told myself for a long time I didn't need new FOs, but my inner child didn't listen. If you only knew how many FO's & EO's I have......

Catmehndi said:
I wish I'd learn to pace myself...
since I don't sell my soaps, I make way too many for the amount we use...

we're feeling that way too... we've got so much soap we could use only ours, not make any new ones, and still have soaps for 3 or 4 months i think.

less is more.

I've had my share of learning experiences. :)

Do small batches when trying something new.

A lightly scented soap is better than a heavily scented soap.

Always err on the side of caution.

Perfect basic techniques before moving on to more difficult ones.

Plan your soap and follow your recipe, there will still be surprises.

Happy Hoildays!

Keep notes of everything and don't think you'll remember
something I wish I had done.
Despite my best intentions, I DON'T remember what I did, what I put in and how much...hard to make again....

Yes, taking notes!
When I'm making new things I'm always forgetting to take notes and then when I go to make it again another day, I have no idea how I did it the first time.

Not realizing that soapmaking is the tip of the iceberg! So many things to make so little time!

Latest posts

Back