Riceland oils-pouring out of wide mouth jug?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NsMar42111

Reaction score
How do you guys that use the Riceland Rice Bran oil pour out of that huge mouthed jug?! I almost made a huge mess! :cry: I don't have a smaller bottle to pour into right now, curious what ya'll do.....

Are you referring to the gallon jugs? I have no problem pouring it and I use it for cooking too. If you are pouring it into smaller bottles or jars, use a big funnel to transfer the oil.

Hrmmmmmmmmmmm I may have to try the stick method. Or the funnel.... heck I was looking for a pump spout to fit them! Will try the stick thing and see if I'm coordinated enough :) Thank you!

I've been pouring my RBO into a clean 2 cup measuring cup (pyrex I got for making soap then learned that glass and lye are not friends), pouring more than I need and just adding whatever extra I poured into my cooking oil bottle. Usually only wind up with an ounce or two to add to my cooking oil. I have not added ROE to my oils (yet- soon as I get some I will, then the excess will go back into the main jug). It pours a lot less drippily if you can pour kind of fast, which you can do into a measuring cup. I may have to try the stick method, though.

Back