Greetings from Portland, OR!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gc079

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm super excited to join you all here on these awesome boards.

I have yet to make soap, but I recently got hooked on making body butters and essential oil perfumes/colognes/room sprays.

I hope to start making soaps very soon, and I'm thrilled that I'll be able to soak up all the knowledge here on these forums.

A little more about me: I'm an ex-chemistry grad student who left school to nanny/tutor/volunteer with kids and work on figuring out which direction to take my life in. Long story short, I couldn't see myself sitting in a lab all day when I could be working on projects of my own choosing, or working in my own home lab. :)

Currently working remotely with a niche educational website planning doing PR, marketing and content strategy. I'm also about to start working with a nonprofit I'm super passionate about doing fundraising and marketing.

Did I mention I'm excited about all the crafts? Thanks for reading! :bunny:

Welcome to the forum! You will definitely find a lot of helpful information here! :bunny:

Welcome aboard. A good read from another science geek is Scientific Soapmaking by Dr. Kevin Dunn. He is a chemistry professor beloved by soapers. His experiments in soap making answer a whole lot of questions and I think you would enjoy it. Available on Amazon

Back