Playing around

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
I hope I've got a loaf full of stripes, but I might have a fair bit of muddling, especially at the edges. I used the EO blend I'm intending to use in the mermaid tail challenge. Did not accelerate at all. Started pouring just past emulsion. Spent probably 15 or 20 minutes doing tiny little lines, and my batter was just getting to what I'd call a thin trace when I poured the last of it. Temp was around 105F.

merstripes2-1578.jpg

Castor oil 5% 28g
Coconut oil 25% 129g
Meadowfoam oil 5% 25g
Olive oil 40% 201g
Rice bran oil 10% 61g (oops, should have been 50g. That'll bump my SF up a bit.)
Shea butter 15% 76g

Water 105g
NaOH 68g
SF 6%
EO blend 10g

Colored with ultramarine blue, ultramarine lavender, yellow iron oxide, and chromium oxide.

Looks interesting! How are you enjoying your new molds and liners?

Quite a lot. I'm having to tweak some of the liners, apparently I didn't get them all quite perfectly squared for the mold. Like the one in the pic. One of the corners was just a tiny bit short of the actual corner, so I had to add a new score line and redo the fold. But the liners come right out of the molds, shooop! And the liners come right off the soap, and clean up for them is super easy.

I also used the same EO blend in the challenge attempt I made, and at about the same usage rate. (Batch was a failure so far as the challenge goes.) I've got enough of this EO mix to make one more small batch of soap. Think I'll stick with these colors for another run at the challenge.

Back