Ghost Mantra

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
Teal ghost mantra, colored with ultramarine blue and chromium oxide. Fragrance is lemongrass and frankincense EOs.

ghostmantra-1566.jpg

Leftover batter swirled and poured into molds:

ghostitp-1567.jpg

Soap recipe:
Avocado oil 15% 152g
Castor oil 5% 54g
Cocoa butter 10% 102g
Coconut oil 15% 153g
Olive oil 45% 451g
Shea butter 10% 107g

Water 204g (Plus 38g added to part of the batch after splitting)
NaOH 134g

Calculated at 5% SF

About 1 teaspoon total mineral pigments for color, dispersed in one tablespoon avocado oil. About 1 ounce blended EOs for fragrance.

ETA: Pics of the rough cut! Going to let it sit for another day or two before I clean it up. The dark speckles are little bits of ultramarine blue. Didn't mix quite well enough, oops.

ghostcut2-1575.jpg

Close up of a larger piece
ghostcut1-1576.jpg

Thinking about putting half the bars in the oven, see if I can do an after the fact OP, and how that changes the appearance.

Last edited:
Nice, it is a pretty close match on color.

I did put three of the bars and one cube in the oven, sitting on a wooden cutting board with parchment paper. I preheated to 200 (lowest setting I've got), put the soap in and turned off the oven, then did 10 minutes on per hour for 5 hours. I did not wind up with puddles of soapy goo. Hooray!

The visible changes are minor. One bar has a bit of discoloration on the bottom, and the cube sagged just a little (it was still quite soft when it went into the oven). They're also perceptibly harder than the unbaked bars, but I expected that. I'll see if there are any internal differences when I get the bars trimmed.

That colour looks like a celadon glaze colour that I used in pottery.

Back