Lunch with a good friend...Carrie from Nurture Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy2428

Reaction score
So I'm blessed to be living in Indiana where I feel like I'm in the center of the soaping products world.

Nurture Soap is a fat hr from me SW, Lebermuth, an hour and a half away NE. Soaper's Choice basically next day air if I order early in the morning.

WSP, Bulk Apothecary and Nature's Garden usually deliver in 48 hours.

Anyway, this is a fragrance review, not a soaping geography post....

So I was fortunate enough to have lunch with Carrie, owner of Nurture Soap Friday. I picked up my order that I'd made earlier in the week and had a great lunch with Carrie. (She is going to be a great speaker at SoapCon). I received another tour of her building; things have changed with some expansion going on.

My last stop on the tour was the fragrance area - AH!!!!! FOHO heaven! I am sniffing away and we are discussing FO's and Carrie hands me a bottle and says "This is one of my favorites - what do you think?" Well.....

Anyone who knows me knows that I totally dislike florals. I despise them so much I blend them with Tea Tree at almost 3-1 to get rid of the smell....

And then Carrie hands me Persephone's Kiss - total love. I can't put it down. To me it is a citrus floral combination. "Mandarin orange, melon, blackberry and violet leaf comprise the top notes of this blend, followed by notes of*lavender, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and nectarine. The bottom notes are fresh honey, oak and musk. " - From Nurture.

The musk is there as a solid base note, but it is not overpowering. The orange and violet stand out, but then you get a hint of the melon and lavender. I guess the "sweet" is coming from the jasmine and the lily of the valley, but they do not stand out on their own... thank goodness. The oak and honey almost put a powder note to it, but not quite if that makes sense. Carrie notes no A&D, Flashpoint is 200F, and soaps like a dream.

I like this so much I may make a lotion out of it before I soap it. Though it definitely leans more towards the feminine side, the musk and oak balance the fragrance enough that a man might like it as well.

Disclaimer - I did receive this 4oz bottle as a gift from Carrie, but with no expectation of anything in return.

I'm such a Nurture fan that your story made me a little jealous, but how fun! I'm glad to hear she's doing well, after repeated rumblings about big problems at another major supplier. Like toxikon, I'll be adding this to my list!

George, Wabash is a cute little town. They have the Honeywell Center there. They get some pretty decent talent there for some reasonable prices. You could make it a "Date Overnight" with Mrs. George :).

The scent room is pretty awesome but up some stairs are the 25#?? big containers the FOs come in. Very impressive. Just think of it as a soapy vacation... think about the shipping costs you'll save - hahaha.

Latest posts

Back