New Soap Recipe Advice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aspiringdakini

Reaction score
I have ran this through the calculator. Does it sound like it would make a nice bubbly lather, not hard but not too soft, moisturizing bar?

Castor Oil 0.35oz 10.00%
Cocoa Butter 0.35oz 10.00%
Coconut Oil (76 Degrees) 0.35oz 10.00%
Grapeseed Oil 0.18oz 5.00%
Olive Oil 0.71oz 20.00%
Palm Oil 1.23oz 35.00%
Rapeseed Oil 0.18oz 5.00%
Sweet Almond Oil 0.18oz 5.00% 6%
Lye (Sodium Hydroxide) Amount 0.471oz
Ounces of liquid recommended 1.16oz

Yields 5.16oz Superfat 6%

I plan to use frozen coconut milk for the liquid. Please let me know what you think. I really love dove soap and want to try and make something similar or better than that and that is what I am aiming for. So if you think there should be any changes or additions, please let me know. I appreciate all of the help I can get!!! Thank you :thumbup:

You're only making one bar? Just curious why, if you're going trough the trouble why you wouldn't make more. Also run this through soapcalc and it will tell you what the lather will be like.

Same concern as melstan here. I think your recipe looks good, but with such a small batch,
the measuring is going to be very critical. Could you measure in grams instead of ounces?
That would help some, but making a larger sample would be my preference.

After putting through soap calc hardness rates at 36% which is still pretty soft. You could add a little stearic acid no more than 3 percent and adjust perhaps the palm which raises it to a 38. I personally like mine at 4o or better, it will probally work but with a longer cure time. Definitely make more than one bar, I know some do that with a test batch but I would make at least 1-2 lbs

Latest posts

Back