This sweet girl needs a home! Please help!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
This is a post and it's really an update of a post I made on several forums I frequent. Basically, this dog was on death row and I was scrambling to have someone who could take her in. I saw her yesterday and that was her last day so I sprung her. I don't have room in my house for her and the only reason I was able to spring her is because of a rescue here in town. More explained below.

She needs a home. I am willing to drive a ways and there may be the possibility of transportation relay to get her to someone who would give her a forever home. Please send this to as many people as you can. This isn't a scam, *I* got her out of the shelter. (it's not a friend of a friend of a friend)

Ok here's the deal guys:

I went to got her and took her to a rescue that is run by the lady who owns the dog daycare I take my dogs to from time to time. She's going to stay at the vets office (next to the daycare) until next week and then I will have her over thanksgiving (everyone is fully booked on boarding). After that, she'll go to the daycare.

She was scheduled to die tomorrow morning.

She is super friendly. She had a lot of energy but that's probably because she didn't get much exercise at the shelter. When I was driving in the car, she wanted to sit in my lap. She would sit up and look around. I could tell that she's never really been out of her backyard. She was looking around, scoping the new sites. Then she would just lay her head in my lap.

She is probably about 1. She's a small dog (well compared to my 60 pounders). I'll get her weight etc. She probably won't get much bigger than she is but just muscle out. She already got her shots (I'm going to call tomorrow to try to schedule a spay before thanksgiving so she can use the time with us to recoup.) She is more than likely not potty trained.

Her story is that she kept getting out of the yard and animal control kept picking her up as a stray and taking her home and one day, the owner just surrendered her.

She apparently is good with other dogs. She had been in kennels with other dogs.

No other info but I'll know more after she stays with me.

These people are doing this as a favor to me and are not charging me. I am however going to donate the money I'll get back from spaying her and pay for whatever costs incur until she gets adopted. These people are wonderful and if they have room, they will take dogs in at no charge. Please consider donating to these wonderful people if you can (http://www.tulsadals.org/)

Ok so back to Snow! I'm not sure if they would charge an adoption fee but I want to say no or minimal.

And I will have questions if you are interested!

Here are some pictures I took in the car.

Her body wasn't under her but on the other seat. She was laying down on me.

13939_203917818452_500058452_4019496_7748779_n.jpg

You can see she isn't huge. She's all white with just a bit of brown on her eyes and a tad on her ears.

13939_203917808452_500058452_4019495_6253387_n.jpg

She is gorgeous looking and if i wasn't in rented accomodation prohibiting dogs (well, any pets) I'd work something out with you in a heartbeat.

Just..I hope you find a home for her.

I appreciate that! You can help, just cross post if you can, if you have contact etc. Transportation, like I said, may not be an issue and we'll figure that out later.

Where are you located?? She seems wonderful and though I'm full up on dogs (city has a limit, I have 3 - they over look it because mine are really small), but..... let me see what I can do to help. My theories may not work but I'll certainally give it a try.

I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Depending on where you are in Colorado, that's not a good idea. Denver and other cities have a ban on pitties :/

But if that wasn't your idea, let me know what it is!

Denver does, we don't. But, you're in Tulsa and I have a HUGE Native American family so please let me make some phone calls. I can't and won't make any promises but you never know and word travels fast on the moccasin telegraph - someone just might come through. Tulsa isn't too far from Topeka is it?

She's cute, I hope you find a home for her.

(Don't let Tabitha see her.)

Oh l wish she was in Australia,l have just lost my beautiful Buster and there is room for another dog.I will be praying you find a home fast.

Cool Sunkawakan! Topeka is about 4 hours from here so that's totally doable as far as transportation for me alone.

Thanks everyone!

Oh Tabitha! YOOOHOOOOO :lol:

Rosey, do you mind if I post her pic and story on one of my other forums? The betta forum I mod has a huge non-fish pet section and a lot of pittie fans.

no I don't mind! Cross post anywhere and everywhere!

Not yet. She's still at the vets office that the daycare works with to make sure she doesn't have kennel cough. I wanted to go see her but I didn't want her to get happy and excited just for me to leave her there. She's had her shots, dewormed and capstar (kill all fleas). I don't know if they put frontine on her. If they didn't, I will.
I'm picking her up on Wednesday morning and we'll go get her a new collar and leash of her own and give her a bath. I have extra bowls and a crate that should fit her. I am 99% she's not potty trained so I need to get the old blankets out, I'll be washing those I'm sure daily (well maybe not but so far 2/3 non potty trained dogs I've had have all peed in their crate during the night)

She's safe, we just need to find her a home. I am hoping that she will get along with my dogs that maybe I can sucker hubby into fostering her. I absolutely cannot keep her, as much as I want to. I just don't have the room. I put the sweater I wore when I got her down today (i couldn't find it before! lol) and the dogs sniffed and sniffed and I'm just gonna leave it here on the floor so they are smelling her scent.

So I'll have her until after the Thanksgiving holidays and she should be able to return to the daycare. She'll get spayed but they are too busy to do it before I get her (too bad, it would have been perfect recoup time).

So that's the news! I can't wait until Wednesday!!

I'm getting her on Wednesday.

She's still at the vets.

We decided to ask for 100$ adoption/donation fee. That's the fee the rescue charges and I think it's right to ask for the same amount with everything they have done. It goes without saying, all the money would go straight to them. The dog will be spayed, UTD on shots and depending on how long I have her, potty trained and basic obedience.

I have had a few people donate towards the cost of her vet boarding/shots/spay. The boarding isn't too much because they only charge the rescue a few bucks a day if anything. So far, I got 35$ towards her costs.

I'm picking her up on Wednesday and I'll have more pictures during/after the weekend.

I am really hoping that she will fit in so well that I can foster her and work with her on obedience and get her potty trained since that will help her find a new home.

Latest posts

Back