Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiceandsoap

Reaction score
I've been researching and lurking for a couple months, wanting to get into soap making. I asked my husband to get me some starter materials for my birthday, and I made my first soap today!
It was the basic base recipe out of Pure Soapmaking by AM Faiola (the Soap Queen), scented with lemongrass EO. Batch is now swaddled like a baby, and I am waiting until I can pop it out of the mold. So far, no disasters.... I did however drip EO onto my work area rather than the soap.... Glad I listened to the advice to cover my counters, that stuff is very volitile, and started disolving the solo cup coloring that it came in contact with.
I've only made my first batch, and I already have another cart of stuff I want to buy. That's normal, right? (I have two more batches I want to make with the oils and molds that I have before I'll 'allow' myself to hit purchase.
Posted to thank all the contributors to this site, I learnt a ton by readingthese forums!

Hi Spiceandsoap! :bunny: Your full shopping cart is totally normal!

Hi fellow new soap maker! I'm new to it, too. I've made two batches of soap so far, got tons of ingredients to make more, and I'm already looking at ordering more stuff. More essential oils, different kinds of oils and butters to soap with, molds, colors... packaging materials! I got no plans to sell my soaps, at least not til I get really good at making them, but I'm already setting up to be able to package them 'professionally', with FDA compliant labels and everything.

Oh, and pics of your first soap please once you get it out of the mold? You'll find lots of folks here downright obsessed with seeing pics of soaps people make. :lol:

I've only made my first batch, and I already have another cart of stuff I want to buy. That's normal, right? (I have two more batches I want to make with the oils and molds that I have before I'll 'allow' myself to hit purchase.

Posted to thank all the contributors to this site, I learnt a ton by readingthese forums!

Ahhh! Welcome to the addiction - er, um.. Forum! Yes. Welcome to the forum. We tend to have pretty full carts and often find reasons to keep trying new things...

To justify shipping costs and such... Or something. ;)

Same Way I Started, Hello Everyone New

I pretty much started the same way three years ago when my husband had a terrible rash and I started buying goat milk soap on the internet and it was costing me $12.00 a bar, so I decided I could do that. Overbought everything I could possibly need and looked up a recipe. First one really bad traced to fast second batch was great and I was hooked! I now have my own business started this year strong and hope it will be a very good year!!!!!:bunny:

I've been researching and lurking for a couple months, wanting to get into soap making. I asked my husband to get me some starter materials for my birthday, and I made my first soap today!
It was the basic base recipe out of Pure Soapmaking by AM Faiola (the Soap Queen), scented with lemongrass EO. Batch is now swaddled like a baby, and I am waiting until I can pop it out of the mold. So far, no disasters.... I did however drip EO onto my work area rather than the soap.... Glad I listened to the advice to cover my counters, that stuff is very volitile, and started disolving the solo cup coloring that it came in contact with.

lol not only is normal, but you are very humble... I wish I could control myself! :mrgreen:

Welcome! Try freeze your credit card or debit card... Haha!

No EO or FO in cups other than glass or stainless steel. Or it will eat through the cup.

Latest posts

Back