Perfume in lotion?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pametan

Reaction score
I'm going to make some lotion and I can't seem to find a fragrance oil I like or an eo combo. I seem to be really picky. But I have a few perfumes I like. Could I put my perfume in the lotion or would the alcohol content ruin the recipe? Thanks for your input!

The recipe. But leave out fragrance oils and switch coffee butter for shea or cocoa butter

1490790165961.jpg

Let me preface this with saying I've never made lotion.. Or perfume..

But this article might be of interest in your process. According to the author there is a chance that the perfume might discolor your lotion, but I don't see it being an issue if you are prepared for that to possibly happen and you don't mind.

She also talks about how to "sample" the blend before committing the bottle to the batch, which sounds useful.

http://boisdejasmin.com/2013/04/how-to-make-your-own-scented-lotion-and-body-cream.html

Weaversport - very interesting article!

I saw a collection of half-used perfumes at a flea market these weekend - now I'm thinking that could be a marketing thing for sellers. If they see a lotion made with their favorite perfume - or a discontinued old favorite - that might do really well!

Thanks for the article. I didn't add any to my cream but maybe next time I will leave see perfume sitting out to let the alcohol evaporate and then add it. I don't really care if it discolors it. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back