Inspire Me - Soap Making Game

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I discovered that burgundy rose FO and coconut milk is a super heater. Soap went into full gel in under a hour with no insulation at all. Had to pop it in the fridge but it still overheated a little bit. Quite a bit of glycerin rivers but I like the look.

Thanks for the challenge, I would have never chosen layers or this combo of colors. It turned out really nice I think, added a bit of rose petals and glitter since I can't make pretty textures on top.

2jaxc49.jpg

29c8m5f.jpg

4vldna.jpg

Ooohh that looks awesome Obsidian!!!

Finally here is my cut picture of the soap inspired by Obsidian. Scented with electric lemonade and moroccan mint - smells amazing what a great combination! It's an attempt at a butterfly - far from perfect but my best effort!

Butterfly.jpg

Finally here is my cut picture of the soap inspired by Obsidian. Scented with electric lemonade and moroccan mint - smells amazing what a great combination! It's an attempt at a butterfly - far from perfect but my best effort!

Oh soapswirl! Those are gorgeous! Those are like beautiful flowers coming out of the leaves.

Is anyone still waiting to be given instructions? My exam is next Friday so will be soaping next Friday afternoon and want to do this

Ok, here goes:

FO - hotness couture

Swirl - zebra swirl which you then use your hanger tool to do one down/up sweep

Colours - a combination of pinks and reds against a white base

Ok, here goes:

FO - hotness couture

Swirl - zebra swirl which you then use your hanger tool to do one down/up sweep

Colours - a combination of pinks and reds against a white base

Sounds like a challenge! I know from reading the CP test results there will be slight acceleration and it does discolor to a yellow/butterscotch hue, but I will see what I can do with some TD added. I will make this over the weekend and post once cut :razz:

Ok, I finally finished my "inspire me" soap. It will be ready JUST in time for 4th of July/independence day. I didn't have a star column mold so I used a cookie cutter in white soap I made yesterday. There are also "surprise stars" inside. The FO I used did accelerate but I made do! This is my first attempt at layers so I'm curious how it will be. I almost always HP and just swirl or single color. I used lemon verbena and guava mango (although I was requested to do coconut and lemon verbena, the coconut I have discolors and does not cp) hopefully I will have it cut by this evening. It smells so good and summery to me! uploadfromtaptalk1433028900598.jpg

Ok here's my list:

FO:

Love Potion - Gracefruit
Dragonsblood - Gracefruit
Yuzu - Gracefruit
Cherry Blossom - Gracefruit
Fairy Dust - Gracefruit
Blackcurrent - Freshskin
Bay Rum - Freshskin
Chocolate Coconut - Sensory Perfection
Jojoba Ozone - Sensory Perfection

Colours - micas:

Bronze
Blue
Galactic purple
Amethyst
Tropical peach
Olive green
Pink
Purple
Orange
Red
Fruit green
Dragon fruit red
Lemon yellow
Black pearl
Silver
Sky blue
Gold
Slime green
White pearl
Peacock green
Rosebud

Pink clay
Green clay

Pigment/oxide:

Blue
Chromium green
Yellow

TD
AC

Slab and loaf moulds

Open to trying any technique or combination of techniques. Challenge me!

Back