Vegetarian or carnivore?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your food habits?

• Total voters
And being vegetarian help to get better health, and prevents from infections or diseases like ringworm which happen due to pig meat.

One time my horse had ringworm (which is really not a worm) and I am absolutely, positively, 100% certain that she is a vegetarian and have not been around pigs! :twisted:

Neither.
Been a vegetarian for over a decade, but it didn't feel healthy.
I'm all for diversity, organic food, getting my veggies and milk locally and moderation.

Same here. Was a vegetarian for a long time till I got severe anemia. Worked with doctors, nutritionists, etc. for almost a year and cannot fix the problem till I started eating red meat again. I am, however, VERY picky and only get my meat from local farmers I know (and approve of the way they raise the animals).

Last edited by a moderator:
I eat meat and potatoes. That's as close to a vegetable as I ever get. I'm closing in on 60 and my colon is clean as ...well it's just clean OK :)
I don't eat fruit much either. My children love veggies! When they were growing up I'd never think about making veggies so it was a treat to them. They would come in and ask me if they could please have vegetables tonight with dinner. They eat every veg on the planet! Now that's smart parenting!!

Pepsi Girl said:
My children love veggies! When they were growing up I'd never think about making veggies so it was a treat to them.

How clever of you! A great example of reverse psychology to get kids to eat vegetables.

I was a vegan and veg for a long time. But I eat meat now, as a side, with tons of produce.

I'm a vegetarian wannabe. I seem to loose the taste for meat after not eating it for a while, but when I'm not getting enough iron I can tell because I CRAVE red meat like an untamed carnivore!

Usually I eat mostly vegetarian style, not for any particular reason, just do. The most common meats for me, though, when I'm not going primal, is turkey or chicken. I've tried to go vegetarian 3 times before, but due to my health issues, I was strongly advised by my doctor not to go total vegetarian. So there you have it. I can't stop eating bacon for my health, doctors orders. :grin:

And Dragon...I just really don't know what to say. I LOVE Chinese food too, but that is exactly the reason that if I can not see into 90% if not the whole kitchen from different angles in a Chinese restaurant, I only order vegetable dishes.

Last edited:
I am vegan !!!
My husband became pretty much healed from ulcerative colitis by eating vegan food...
Our kids get some dairy and eggs when they visit their grand parents...

I'm a vegetarian and have been since birth. Hubby is also and we raise our kids vegetarian too. Trying to limit the dairy but can't seem to cut the cheese out.

I am a carnivore, but I try to eat only animals raised in a humane manner. Living in a town in southern Italy know the breeders and then I go on the safe side

Add me to the list of ominvores..I'll eat anything...well except for eggplant. *gag*:sick:

My fave is a grilled ~medium well~ juicy steak, loaded potato, and a raw spinach salad with as many other veggies as I can pile in there.

My mom always said about me, "If she wants a steak bad enough, she'll eat the southbound end of a slow moving northbound cow" :lol:

Just realized how old this thread started out.....well it's Hazels fault....she got me started with that cookie recipe..bad Hazel ;)

Open your eyes. Look at how animals are treated by humans, for dairy, for eggs, for meat. Open your eyes. It's not healthy to consume these things, and it's appalling that our fellow companions on this planet are treated in this way. Open your eyes to the holocaust of animal abuse, just for a palate choice. A palate choice! People who say "I tried it and I didn't feel healthy" need to educate themselves about nutrition - it's not difficult. If you're reading this, then you can read! That's all it takes. You're also using the Internet - all the information is there. Open your eyes, but don't choose to close them again. Go vegan, for the sake of the animals, the planet, and you and your family's health.

I eat meat, but I don't want to! I hate the thought of animals suffering and think of it on a daily basis. I started eating vegan years ago and broke out in hives for weeks. Discovered I'm allergic to soy. Can't eat dairy or most grains either. I get reactions if I eats eggs too often, same with legumes,
nuts and corn. Too many veggies bother my stomach. It makes me very sad really. I suffered my entire life until I cut out or reduced these foods. Took me a long time to figure out what was causing the problem, especially when it was almost everything! Envy people who can eat whatever they want.

Open your eyes to the holocaust of animal abuse, just for a palate choice. A palate choice! People who say "I tried it and I didn't feel healthy" need to educate themselves about nutrition - it's not difficult.

I beg to differ about it being a mere palate of choice. At least not for me. I was vegetarian for at least 5 years, part of that as a totally raw-food vegan. I was pretty darn serious about it and dedicated to it and would have continued on in it if it hadn't been for the fact that it proved to be incompatible with my body's chemistry. For me, it wasn't a matter of, 'Well, I tried it and I just don't feel healthy'. Far from it. I have blood chemistry work showing my body's gradual downward spiral throughout my years as a vegetarian/vegan (I was monitored every 3 to 6 months throughout my vegetarian/vegan journey by my doctor who is also a licensed nutritionist and also vegetarian-friendly, btw).

Anyway, my blood work kept coming back and showing that my body was literally cannibalizing itself for protein because it wasn't able to assimilate enough vegetable protein for it to be able to function properly, no matter how many concentrated veggie protein 'tweaks' we made to my diet.

The biggest nutritional lesson I learned from my journey was how naïve I was about the human body. It is much more complex than I had believed back when I had chosen to become a vegetarian. Although some people's bodies do great with a vegetarian diet, that doesn't mean everyone else's will. It will depend on their particular body chemistry and genes, allergies, intolerances, etc... It's just not as simple as "veggies good, meat bad".

For what it's worth, when I went back to eating an omnivore diet, my body started functioning properly again and my blood chemistry results started coming back good.

IrishLass :)

I beg to differ about it being a mere palate of choice. At least not for me. I was vegetarian for at least 5 years, part of that as a totally raw-food vegan. I was pretty darn serious about it and dedicated to it and would have continued on in it if it hadn't been for the fact that it proved to be incompatible with my body's chemistry. For me, it wasn't a matter of, 'Well, I tried it and I just don't feel healthy'. Far from it. I have blood chemistry work showing my body's gradual downward spiral throughout my years as a vegetarian/vegan (I was monitored every 3 to 6 months throughout my vegetarian/vegan journey by my doctor who is also a licensed nutritionist and also vegetarian-friendly, btw).

Anyway, my blood work kept coming back and showing that my body was literally cannibalizing itself for protein because it wasn't able to assimilate enough vegetable protein for it to be able to function properly, no matter how many concentrated veggie protein 'tweaks' we made to my diet.

The biggest nutritional lesson I learned from my journey was how naïve I was about the human body. It is much more complex than I had believed back when I had chosen to become a vegetarian. Although some people's bodies do great with a vegetarian diet, that doesn't mean everyone else's will. It will depend on their particular body chemistry and genes, allergies, intolerances, etc... It's just not as simple as "veggies good, meat bad".

For what it's worth, when I went back to eating an omnivore diet, my body started functioning properly again and my blood chemistry results started coming back good.

IrishLass :)

Irish Lass I had the same experience as you, except in reverse. When I ate meat, all my blood work and medical tests seemed to come back wonky.

When I went vegetarian, it all started coming back normal or better than normal.

My doctor at the time, who was NOT vegetarian friendly; was sure I was going to drop dead or at least end up debilitated, because I stopped eating meat. Twenty-five years later and I'm still kicking...LOL. Go figure.

The point is, you are 100% right. No diet is going to be a perfect fit for every individual. We are all too different to try to force into a "one-size-fits-all" eating plan. Does that make us "right" or "wrong"? No, it makes us individuals, as it should be.

Latest posts

Back