vetiver essential oil suggestions for supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am willing to buy any EO needed to go with it for a good scent for men. My hubby does not like any of the "fake piney" scents, and I am tired of the same blend time after time for him and the other men in the family. I am going to get sandalwood and allspice to make the Old Spice dupe for them, but I really need to expand my repertoire.

Hi Susie!
I've not smelled either of the CG Vetiver EO's, but the BA one is exactly the same as what I think of as 'Creole Vetiver'... similar to the Hove perfume.
http://www.hoveparfumeur.com/
The Vetiver EO's I've bought that weren't Haitian smell a good bit different (to my nose) than this very distinctive scent!
That said: I don't use it a lot in soaps except for personal use due to the cost. However, I do make a beard oil and a perfume oil in a blend that features Vetiver. These have been very popular, and I sold out of both at last year's Voice of the Wetlands festival down in Houma!!
I know you don't sell, so if you want my EO blend for these, PM me. I'd be happy to share with you :)

I am willing to buy any EO needed to go with it for a good scent for men. My hubby does not like any of the "fake piney" scents, and I am tired of the same blend time after time for him and the other men in the family. I am going to get sandalwood and allspice to make the Old Spice dupe for them, but I really need to expand my repertoire.

Hey susie! Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I have a soap that's almost a yr old, if I remember correctly, I could send. Actually I have 2, one I made before the final one (for the fragrance blend swap last year). It smelled different 8 months ago, of course, but the eos still havent faded! I find it a tad creepy to be honest lol. The blend swap was
40% cedarwood
20% patchouli
10% juniper berry
20% french lavender
10% dark vetiver

The other soap created first was slightly different percentages using these eos, but it wasn't as woodsy as I wanted....it is appx
25% cedarwood
16% patchouli
8% juniper berry
33% french lavender
16% dark vetiver
Plus minus 2%, I measured in grams and did a quick math on percents...it was a practice and I wasnt set on recording to a T.

Unfortunately the swap soap doesnt smell, to me, quite as woodsy as it did a few months ago, but that is because of its age. Well I just smelled them again. I probably have nose fatigue (and I can't shake a cold) because I can smell woodsy earth more now. My practice soap (2nd blend listed) has 8% co 12% pko, and the swap soap (the 1st blend and my favorite) has 18% co. They also are lard, sweet almond, castor, sodium citrate, sugar, silk, and micas. Being higher than you like in stripping oils, I wouldn't be offended if you wanted them for sniffer samples only. I need to make room as it is :)

Oh, just looked, the swap one is appx 10 to 11 months old and my second blend listed, the practice soap, is 11 months old... fyi.

Back