Pine Tar Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottief

Reaction score
I know this has been covered a lot, but I haven't found the answer to my question yet. I know that you use Pine tar as one of the oils, but I have not found a lye calculate that you put the % into the calculator. Ive been using the MMS one.

Also is there a certain temp to do Pint tar soap at? I read one post saying cooler, around 60 degree mark. Thanks for any help, and if any of my questions have been covered please send me in the right direction. I would like to try to make some tomorrow

I know this has been covered a lot, but I haven't found the answer to my question yet. I know that you use Pine tar as one of the oils, but I have not found a lye calculate that you put the % into the calculator. Ive been using the MMS one.

Also is there a certain temp to do Pint tar soap at? I read one post saying cooler, around 60 degree mark. Thanks for any help, and if any of my questions have been covered please send me in the right direction. I would like to try to make some tomorrow

I used the soap calc lye calculator. It has an option for pine tar. I soaped at around 90. I'm gonna just do room temp lye next time tho. It's a fast mover!! Will get thick quick so be ready. I used 10% pine tar

Thanks. The Oils I have on hand are Lard,coconut,olive,shea butter, castor. What oils out of those would you use to make a pine tar soap.

I would use:

Olive Oil 40%
Lard 30%
coconut 15%
Pine tar 10%
castor 5%

I also use soapcalc.net and soap at room temp. Save the pine tar as the last additive and mix it in by hand. Be ready to move FAST. You might want to save a couple ounce of olive oil back to mix the pine tar into so its not so thick, will make it easier to mix into your soap batter.

Latest posts

Back