~*~ SMF May 2017 Challenge - Fluid Acrylic Cell Pour!! ~*~
~ May 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Bath and Body Forum > de-funk de pits

Old 05-22-2017, 12:52 AM   #301
Zany_in_CO
Saponifier

Liked 389 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1660

Sorry for the hijack... this is too funny to pass up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Are you sure? In my head you're a blend of Bond femme fatale and '90s grunge chic. ... If you must picture me, I'm a bombshell with legs up to my ears.
In my head, Teresa is a biker chic with wild dark hair, artistic tattoos, a wardrobe of black leather of course, tough on the outside; jello on the inside and a "who gives a cahcah" attitude.

And, of course, Millie, you described yourself (ahem) perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaystack View Post
O.o I'm a very fat gay man with short dirty blonde hair and a beard/goatee depending on how lazy I've been about trimming .
Cool! You just described one of my favorite actors... Philip Seymour Hoffman!

People Like This 
Old 05-22-2017, 03:49 PM   #302
beckster51
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

You make your own powder? I am interested in your process. I hate commercial powders, but I like using a powder in the summer. I live in Memphis, and if it is possible, it is more hot and humid here than where you are, Teresa! Would you share what ingredients you are using?

TeresaT Likes This 
Old 05-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #303
Zany_in_CO
Saponifier

Liked 389 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaT View Post
Oh, and I also haven't used a commercial powder in about as long. I forget when exactly I started experimenting with making my own powder, but I perfected my recipe and use it every single day. ... It actually works better than the commercial stuff I was using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckster51 View Post
You make your own powder? I am interested in your process. I hate commercial powders, but I like using a powder in the summer. I live in Memphis, and if it is possible, it is more hot and humid here than where you are, Teresa! Would you share what ingredients you are using?
I make my own powder as well. I'm happy to share my recipe. I'm wondering if this might be a good topic to start a new thread? (I'd move it myself except I was told I'm not allowed to "move the furniture". LOL)
WeaversPort Likes This 
Old 05-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #304
IrishLass
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 6295 Times on 3230 Posts
Likes Given: 4203

Starting a new thread is a good idea.

IrishLass
TeresaT Likes This 
Old 05-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #305
TeresaT
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2321 Times on 1056 Posts
Likes Given: 3526

I'm at work, but I can give you the powder recipe when I get home. I'll put it in a new thread if no one has started one yet. For the Home Sweet Home swap, I added a sample of the powder for everyone. It's got a really nice soft texture.
WeaversPort Likes This 
Old 05-23-2017, 04:41 PM   #306
ManScent

Liked 49 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaT View Post
ManScent, I'm so glad it's working for you!! I think it's awesome that your family was actually willing to sniff your pits. That is hilarious. Did you get it on film? I'm going to have to send a batch of deodorant and detox pit powder to my cousin. She's got a 15 year old son. 'Nuff said right there. Your testimony about the efficacy of the products have reminded me of her recent post about smelly teenage boys.
Unfortunately, no, I didn't think about getting video evidence I should have though!

Update: temps got to mid 80's this last week and weekend and my deodorant turned into lotion. Luckily I knew it was going to happen at some point, and took precautions against mess. 84F was the lowest temp I noticed it at this consistency, at 81F the week before it was softer than normal, but still more deodorant bar than creamy lotion. I will be upping the emulsifying wax in another batch soon and seeing where that gets me. I might try a couple different mixtures (wax at 10%, 15%, 20%) just to get a better idea of what holds up and what feels more like dragging a bar of Mr Zogs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Zog%27s_Sex_Wax - don't let the name fool you, it's a surfboard wax) on my underarms than a stick of deodorant

People Like This