Zany's Lemon Squeeze Castille

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit - the thought of not being able to share pictures of soap! Shudder.
Hahahah Good one, EG! As it happens, like so many of the Newbies here, I did a lot of experimenting in my early soaping days and then just kinda settled on what pleased me most and spent time tweaking recipes to perfection -- well, at least trying to! LOL Because I don't sell, the soaps I make are for personal use and for a wholesale customer. My time is spent mostly on making lotions & potions and liquid soap. Nothing there that's "picture worthy". :neutral:

For some pictures of soaps that some or our members have made using beta Carotene as a colorant, I have included a few links. Since they were not my soaps, I am not linking to their photos, only to the original posts:

DixieDragon posted in 2015 a photo of a deep yellow soap she made using beta carotene.

SunWolf entered a lovely mosaic soap in last June's SMF Mosaic Soap Challenge. The color came out a very nice orange in this soap.

Others have mentioned it, but I wasn't able to find more photos of the corresponding soaps. Susie once said she uses it often. Others who mentioned using Popcorn Oil (Coconut Oil colored with beta carotene for a buttery looking popped corn) said the soap turns out orange.

I have used it myself a few times and my photo of one of my Challenge entries is not anywhere near as nice as the two above, but here it is. I also made some pumice soap for my brother using beta carotene last June and it came out orangish-yellow, using 2 capsules in about 1/3rd of a total batch size of 1547.5 grams. That soap is pictured below, although not pretty soap, the color is clearly orangish-yellow. (It was meant to be a Clyde Slide, but the pumice seemed to thicken the batter too much for any kind of smooth swirl technique.)

Pumice%20Soap%20failed%20Clyde%20Slide%202016July22.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back