A Clockwork Cold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have developed bronchitis (bad enough I could not talk and walk at the same time for lack of air) from the last two colds I had. I now have a whole regimen of doctor prescribed meds trying to head off the next round. I told my hubby that I am going to be absolutely obsessive about the Cold-Eeze and guaifenesin the next time I get that scratchy throat. I have caught every upper respiratory infection that has wandered by me for the last year (since I moved), so I hope I have some immunity now, but if not, I am going to smell like Cold-Eeze for duration of the fall and winter.

I have developed bronchitis (bad enough I could not talk and walk at the same time for lack of air) from the last two colds I had. I now have a whole regimen of doctor prescribed meds trying to head off the next round. I told my hubby that I am going to be absolutely obsessive about the Cold-Eeze and guaifenesin the next time I get that scratchy throat. I have caught every upper respiratory infection that has wandered by me for the last year (since I moved), so I hope I have some immunity now, but if not, I am going to smell like Cold-Eeze for duration of the fall and winter.

Susie, does Cold-Eeze contain zinc gluconate? Isn't it the gluconate form that's most recommended for colds?

I did NOT need an excuse to use cilantro.:mrgreen: I have some sofrito I made with cilantro, recao, garlic, scotch bonnet, and onion (I didn't have aji dulce peppers) that I could use in my broth. I'll just up the garlic and steal some ginger from my grandmother.:mrgreen:

Animara, it's so good that you don't even need the chicken and vegetables. It makes such a fragrant broth and feels so comforting going down. Scotch bonnets are my favorite pepper, I think next time I will grate one into the broth to make it even better. That ought to kill some cold germs!!! :lol:

Susie, does Cold-Eeze contain zinc gluconate? Isn't it the gluconate form that's most recommended for colds?

Well, it has zinc gluconium. I am not sure how close that is to zinc gluconate. Whatever it is, it works if I start it the minute I sense that scratchy throat.

I just know that Zicam never helped me, and after the horror stories of anosmia (loss of sense of smell), I stopped using the nasal spray and swabs.

Well, it has zinc gluconium. I am not sure how close that is to zinc gluconate. Whatever it is, it works if I start it the minute I sense that scratchy throat.

I just know that Zicam never helped me, and after the horror stories of anosmia (loss of sense of smell), I stopped using the nasal spray and swabs.

I couldn't tell if I was getting an ear infection or not. That's why I didn't start the garlic ritual (1-2 whole cloves of garlic to be chewed and followed by a honey chaser.)

I used zicam before and it helped me fine but that was before the craziness with them.

Latest posts

Back