skin rash help??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
my aunt gets a really bad rash on her skin where ever there is a skin crease. esp in the summer. it is very itchy, raised and welt looking. nothing she has tried helps except a prescription that she used when the rash wasn't at full force. does anyone know what would be a good thing to try to give her? i would have her buy it from you if you can think of anything or you make anything that could help her.

Krissy sorry to hear she has that kind of problems. The only thing I can think of is powder. I think it is caused from wetness like after a bath it is not dried well then it gets irritated because of friction. Make sure she is toweled off good .. she can not be wet when the powder is applied. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Val

she has tried every sort of powder out there...even one called Monkey Butt..i kid you not! i was thinking maybe something like the GM soaps might help but i don't know anything about GM.

If your aunt has a lot of skin creases that might maintain moisture even after being dried from showering, then she might want to try some Micatin powder or some other antifungal (over the counter where shoe insoles are sold). This is a very benign thing to try and won't cause harm. Besides that, perhaps someone here has a good soap that does someting antibacterial, but not too drying.

I don't have the answer. But, if I were going to 'try' something. I would make a 100% castille soap with some coconut or gm. No scents or colorants. Then if she could tolerate that, I'd move it up a notch with some castor and maybe mango butter.

But to know if it is really working you would just about have to make her some laundry soap too.

I hope she can find something that will help her.

It sounds like a topical yeast infection. As jarvan said, I would go w/ an antifungal to clear it up. She needs to be drying between the folds very well, don't laugh, try a hair dryer being careful not to burn herself. I would apply an antifungal powder or cream a couple times a day.

Disclaimer: No posts I make on this forum are intended to be medical advise :wink: just the sharing of personal experiences.

We use a lot of powder in the hospital , it has a cornstarch base , if possible we would put a folded washcloth or an abd pad rolled up in the creases at elbows and knees for night. Keeping the area dry and letting air get at it is key to clearing it up.

HTH

Kitn

Latest posts

Back