Massage Oil Recipes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
As a last minute gift idea I decided to use up some of my surplus carrier oils and make some massage oil blends. I'm planning to make probably 2 different recipes and package in 2 ounce bottles.

I've played with massage oils in the past for personal use with some success. But this is the first time I've thought of presenting them to friends and family. So I want to check my thinking and ask for some tips from anyone who actually has some experience with them.

The blends that I've done before and have been very pleased with have been mostly fractionated coconut oil, with something more luxurious added such as Avocado, Grapeseed, and/or Sweet Almond. I Still need to work out percentages but for cost I would probably use the Coconut and Olive oil in the highest percentages. I'm thinking for one of my recipes... Mostly CO with maybe some Avocado. And then for a second recipe I might use mostly a good Olive oil with some Grapeseed. I was also thinking of including some castor oil in one or both of the recipes.

Keeping in mind that I'm making about 50 of these and that my supplies are not unlimited, I would appreciate any advice on blends and percentages.

Also as far as scenting these, most of the recipes I've found online only mention essential oils. And of course that's a wonderful thing. But for myself I have been very happy with some FO's that I use for soapmaking which are of course skin safe (and some EO's can be risky in too high a concentration). Is there any reason I shouldn't continue to use the FO's... again keeping overall cost in mind AS WELL AS safety?

Any thoughts from those who have made massage oils would be much appreciated... especially if you have also sold them to paying customers.
Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to say I usually add a few drops of Tocopherols when I make a bottle of massage oil... so I would include that as a percentage of my formula. I also have ROE if that is better... or should I add both?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back