Assortment of Christmas soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking photos of my Christmas soaps. They all share the same recipe and are already fully cured. I'm loving the addition of tallow to these batches; they stay a lot harder in the shower. I'm thoroughly enjoying the end-cuts!

From left to right:
Snow (Sparkling Snowflake FO with wall-pour of subtle off-white micas and TD)
Magic (Black Raspberry Vanilla FO with colourful wall pour and hanger swirl)
Oatmeal Milk and Honey (OMH FO with a lacey texture mat application)
Lavender (Lavender FO with gradient pour and soap clay flower detail)
Coal (Twilight Woods FO with subtle gold mica line and activated charcoal)
Calendula (Calendula FO with caledula petal decoration and center-line)

row3.jpg

row1.jpg

row2.jpg

snow.jpg

lavender.jpg

Cutting isn't my issue mostly. I just haven't gotten to the point yet where I can make consistently pretty soap. Trying to work out how to prevent the thick ash layers I get on about half my batches. I've tried a few things, and plastic wrap directly on the soap while it's in the mold seems to work the best so far, but even that is only a partial success.

Cutting isn't my issue mostly. I just haven't gotten to the point yet where I can make consistently pretty soap. Trying to work out how to prevent the thick ash layers I get on about half my batches. I've tried a few things, and plastic wrap directly on the soap while it's in the mold seems to work the best so far, but even that is only a partial success.

If you look closely, that ombre purple soap actually has a layer of soda ash on top! I was a bit annoyed at that, but I think it suits the design so I'm trying not to complain LOL. I can never seem to predict when I'll get ash either.

If you look closely, that ombre purple soap actually has a layer of soda ash on top! I was a bit annoyed at that, but I think it suits the design so I'm trying not to complain LOL. I can never seem to predict when I'll get ash either.

Yep, but it looks like you did that on purpose. And the lighter color from the ash really makes those soap dough flowers stand out really nicely. :)

Thank you all, I am very flattered! Without the forum, I would've never jumped out of my comfort zone and started experimenting with all these wonderful techniques! :)

Those are gorgeous Toxikon! I've got soap envy over here lol. The lavender is my favorite. Your purple is so vibrant!

Thank you all, I am very flattered! Without the forum, I would've never jumped out of my comfort zone and started experimenting with all these wonderful techniques! :)
Yes actually you've inspired me so I'm gonna try the wall pour on my next batch ;)

Ooooooooo! You get a standing o from over here in my kitchen! :clap::clap::clap:

Those are fantabulous and I LOVE all of them! I have some of that orchid purple and I'm gonna try that today!

Back