help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jannis

Reaction score
Hi, to you all,
have just joined am hoping for answers to my new hobby, soap making. have started melt and pour soaps with my own herbs and they are (okayish), but no matter how much essential oils I put in, when they are cold and wrapped, the smell is half of what I smell after newly mixing soap.
can anyone help please?.

Hi

More information would help - what % are you using, what oils, which supplier - those sorts of things are needed. What base are you using, what herbs in what amounts? Without that, feedback can only be very generalised and may not be overly helpful for you

for 200grms of melted soap, I use 2 tbls of chopped lavender heads or rosemary heads, or 1tbls of chopped lemon or orange and at least 30 drops of essential oil with a few drops of carrier oil as read because of using fresh botanics.
jane

please help

hello everyone,
have just joined your great community.
need some help. please on how much pure essential oil to use, am using loads but when soap is cold and wrapped it looses loads of smell.

Hi jannis, welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with your melt and pour (as I have no experience with it) ... but I wanted to pop by to mention that someone who has tried what you are trying will be here (probably more than one!) but maybe they aren't online at the moment.

If you wait a little while, I'm sure someone with some actual knowledge on melt and pour (unlike myself) will come along ...

PS. If you wander over to the Melt and Pour forum (http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38), you will see there is a search funtion (search this forum). If you type in the key word "essential", you will probably find some interesting topics to read while you are waiting for a reply.

I don’t use botanic and can’t comment on how that may work but I don’t think 30 drops is enough fragrance. What essential oils are you using because that can make a difference in the amount that is considered skin safe. The fragrance calculator I use recommends up to 5g of lavender essential oil but only 4g of lemon

Back