too late to OP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two pounds of soap in a silicone crafters Choice mold that has been sitting uncovered for 3 hours. I came back home to find it gelling, or ending gel, so I wrapped it up. There is a huge difference in the gelled and ungelled color. Can I OP it at this late time?

Yes, as long as there is still lye active you can force gel. You might try zap testing the ends to see if its partial gel or if its finishing gel.

I did, it's been in a less than 170 degree oven for twenty minutes (turned off) and I peek at it every 10 minutes or so. Top and sides are gelled, now just giving it time to meet up with the gelled interior.

I don't usually like to gel, but this is a mix of nurture's green vibrance and mad oils Lorne green that turned ugly. I've used each separately before and neither morphed, but today it did. Perhaps it would have unmorphed, but the gelling soap was so pretty I thought it would be worth it to force gel.

So far it's working well...thank you Obsidian!

Update: very happy with result! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back