Plastic tray molds vs silicone molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I have a silicone tray mold (guest size) and every time I use it my soap is difficult to get out and gets knicked up a bit getting it out because it seems to be softer than a batch done in a wood loaf mold and cut slices. I was thinking about using plastic tray mods from Sage. Any comments or suggestions? Has anyone used their plastic tray molds?

Personally I prefer silicone. Plastic has been a nightmare for me at times. The soap sometimes has to sit a bit longer to be ready. You can also add sodium lactate to your lye water to help with harder soap.

Plastic molds stink in my opinion. I have a few that I use for embeds and I hate them. It's a fight just to get mp out of them. Couldn't imagine CP. Love silicone. You may just need to let them sit a bit longer. or stick them in the freezer for a bit or adding some salt or sodium lactate to make them harder.

silicone all the way. like Shunt, i also hate plastic molds, but sometimes i got no choice but to use them, as the designs are quite cute.

Silcone. I hate fighting with plastic molds. I grease mine with mineral oil and sometimes I STILL have to freeze the soap to get it out. The plastic molds with my favorite designs are all cracked.

Latest posts

Back